Somebody rammed me last week. (he was apologetic at least)

But anyhow, seems like a little bit of board has been peeled back a wee bit. It's like the top layer of the board has been ripped back. Not huge damage but I'm wondering if I should get it plugged/repaired so water doesn't get in.

Is this bad for boards? And is it easy to repair? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

You may want to try some slow cure epoxy (24 hour type) Inject the epoxy into the delaminated section and then secure with a clamp. Let sit for 24 hours and then sand any excess globs that squirted out. The reason for the slow cure epoxy is some of the chems used in faster drying epoxys can damage the inside lamanates.

This holds true for skis. I don't board so i'm not overly familar with the guts of a snowboard.

Worst comes to worst and a shop can also do the work. No clue what the charge to fix it.

if you don't know what you're doing then i'd definitely get that done by a shop. lots of my mates used to do botched jobs themselves and it's a waste of time and can knacker your board. get it sorted by a shop and you won't even notice it. mate, you're lucky it's just your topsheet and they didn´t blow your edge out. good luck.

Thanks Quattro, sounds as though it can be done at home but with no experience in this area I may follow Stepchild's advice and go straight to the man. The board is pretty important right now considering I ain't got a job. The only worry is scraping up enough funds for a ride. May have to forego this season. shite!