this photo was taken from Happo, yeah, facing the 47 Park?

1 and 2 I can understand, but if U took 3 or 4, where would U come out? sounds like a hike and a half.

3 seasons ago, i hit that whole area around where U drew in 2..lots of powder, and little hassles from patrol...but a lot can change in 3 seasons.

there R plenty of places to rip!

Yes FT, you are probably referring to the stuff on the Goryu side of that mountain as anything else would probably require some hiking at one point or the other. Otherwise, if there is some other stuff, then I am not aware of it. Willing to learn though \:D

Dizzy, you are absolutely correct, was taken from Happo. For lines 3 & 4, I noticed that there seemed to be a road which had been groomed re-joining the Gondola just on the right side. So I figured that if I could pick up enough speed on the groomed section after getting out of the trees, then I may be able to make it past the flatish bit. But otherwise you are right, if that little bottom section is not groomed then would look like a hassle.

As for the section you mention to the right of 2, it is still excellent especially early on as more and more people tend to hit this section except for the steep tight bits.

Some of these lines are short, but always worth a quick hit if the conditions are right. But definitely no 7m shite gap here! \:\)

Thanks for the feeback.

I am sure that some of the bc around this moutain rocks. I would not be able to do it since I have no free heel / split board in Nihon land. Too bad, maybe one day ...

I assume you hike up, hit the right side of the mountain and then work you way back to the bottom of the gondola after reaching the bottom of the valley. How many runs can you do in a day?

3 and 4 come out onto a winding green run. You have to walk up it to the gondola but it`s not far at all. 1 looked great from the lift but didn`t try it as am just new to trying these sort of runs and there are a couple of avalance blocks??? that look like they could be a little tricky if you misjudged where you were.

Connackers, yes 1 looks nice from the lift, I agree. I think u risk getting stuck only if u go too much to the left (looking uphill) as you get close to that bridge where the slopes crossover as the run goes lower than the groomed area (u have to climb back up). If you go to the right the avie block is too far away to bother you even if you tried (u wud have to cross over the lift line to get there). I guess the biggest bother may be the patrol as u r close to the lift line. Will have to give it a try one of these days.

Thanks for the info FT. I did not know that the area around 47 was park land and that they could not do anything about you riding bc there.

On the other hand it is true that you may get your lift pulled on any of these numbered lines.

Actually I may be crazy but it seems to me that 47 may be more tolerant towards off-piste riding. One of the tree runs between 1 & 2 used to be roped off fairly widely and high along the groomed slope so that people had the tendency to get in too high and not get over a critical ridge thereby leading them to be stuck at one of those avie blocks very near the quad. Last time I went there this season, they had roped off even higher but the lower part was opened as if to implicitly show people the right spot to get into the trees.

They may be finally recognizing that the off-piste is attracting a large number of people and that if they keep on being too harsh on people riding these areas then they might turning away customers. They are probably trying to strike a balance between avoiding responsibilities and pretending they do not see what is going on and attracting every potential segment of the riders population (including stash hunters). I wonder if the fact that more people tend to have the right equipment makes them (slightly) more relaxed?

Still, if you rub it in on them you will probably get in trouble.

Anybody had a run-in with the 47 patrol so far this season?

You are probably right FT. It would be nice though if they could change a bit.

As for the bc, do not worry, would not do it without going with a person who knows the area. Do not wanna be dug up next spring...