100,000 can get u a fair bit of stuff. depends what u want really, and where you want to aim your money whether it be boots, bindings, board. With 100,000 yen u wont be able to get 02/03 stuff, well not for everything anyways. i guess you should just think about where u want to channel your money (obviously boots are key)

i bought a k2 dark star board (01/02 mind you), ride bindings and a pair of ThirtyTwo Tariff boots today. i spent around 60,000. the boots are really comfortable (they have a size 28!) and i got them for 12,900 yen. they are so comfy i keep sporadically putting them on cool.gif

Shop around You can find lots here for a good price. Clothes I hate to always tout Alpen but I got the full set up last year for under 12000 for jacket socks pants and gloves. I buy skis but I know if you buy last years gear you can shave a lot off the price. Also dont be afraid to ask ne Biki deki masuka discount please. Sometimes you need to get their store card and then you get 15% off. Best advice dont buy everthing on 1 day shop around and do some research into what you want. I bet I could gear up with 75000 easy.

If it wer me i wouldn't focus on "the latest gear". You can get the older stuff (1-2 years) for heaps cheaper - as already stated.

Most of the companies (boards especially) don't really change much except the pattern on the board. Just go with whats comfortable and what will fulfil your needs.