I think so.

I always want a big area to be able to slide round, and I'm disappointed if I can cover the whole place in an hour or two.

Discuss.

kiss.gif

PS I'm talking about size of ski resort.

Hmmm, depends on the mood. But quality counts more I reckon.

I can go down the same route over and over if it's got good snow and something challenging about it. Space only presents you with the Baskin Robbins bind - 101 flavours! - but you can only actually have 1 or 2 at a time.

Having said that though, I usually board at either the very biggest or the very smallest field in Nagano.

And you are a tease rach, with topic starters like that kiss.gif

Naughty rach.

Generally the more choice there is the better, I reckon. Of course it depends on the layout, courses, snow etc.

BTW, what is the BIGGEST place here in Japan then?

Nozawa must be one of the biggest isn't it?

Suginohara has one of the longest connected runs (8 km or something). Going down to the carpark at the end of the day down that stretch is just like the Whacky Races.

whats the comparison??

has anyone been to the Australian snow feild "Perisher Blue"?

Its in NSW, near jindabynee. Its got Blue Cow, Mth P, Center Valley, Guthager, Pretty Valley and Zalis...?? its pretty huge. what are some of the japanese fields like in comparsion??

\:\) confused.gif \:\)

Perisher blue... lots of lifts (42), vertical drop 429m, longest run 3km. No ungroomed (apparently)

Nozawa... 22 lifts (mostly pairs/quads), 600m vertical, 10 km longest run, lots of OB.

And then there's the snow quality!

Personally, I value good snow over size. Some places with great terrain just get mogully/icy... far too quickly. Often seem to be drawn to the mid-sized Kashimari (mostly Aoki lake) myself.

miteyak, where's the 10 km run at Nozawa?!

Even some unofficial routes that go pretty much top to bottom can scarcely be 10 km methinks. There is a winding mountain road too, but I don't believe it's that long.

Do tell...