Sarcastic?

I am pointing out the danger of appreciating good humour. (Those that can't are immune)

BTW, sorry about your loss. It's a real bummer getting things stolen, that gets me really irritated whenever I hear about things like that, even if it's none of my business.

Markie - cheers mate, I just wasnt so sure as the odds are that most people dont find my silly babble funny, so when someone says it is, I naturally assume sarcasm.

Yeah, bummer about the theft. Crumble way cookie does, but.

Surprised to see hakuba town covered. Put in perspective, last year the town was still clear six weeks later. The only slopes being skied on were artificial. The coming weekend two years ago, I was on top of Shirouma dake (~3000m) in the rain, not a flake had fallen there since the spring. Three years ago, despite an early dump on Hokkaido, the beginning of November saw no snow in the North Alps region.

The forcast for Sapporo looks pretty good this week, with next weekend getting colder. Trust el nino to tease us with adverse weather, but lets go with the possiblity of an early winter season. (I need it to get me through my deadlines!) There's already more snow now than when many resorts opened last year!