any opinions??

I have a friend working for salomon, but she is leaving next week...she can hook me up with some discounted gear, but I wanted to get an opinion from some of you wise members...

not just skiis and boots, but packs, shoes, clothes accessories are also interesting...

thanx

danz

Got a pair of Gortex salomans (against my instincts, design looked good) and they've proved to be great. Wouldn't of touched the stuff before, but recently they seem to have become a little more 'rounded'.

Arc'teryx, gotta be the most over-priced gear in Japan!

Quote:
Originally posted by miteyak:
Arc'teryx, gotta be the most over-priced gear in Japan!
That's whay danz is in charge of arranging mates rates for us all! \:D

Sorry to thread hijack here, but does anyone know where I can try on one of these?

TNF0316.jpg

There are none of these anywhere in the Tokyo area. I have checked with TNF.

sweet jacket...but I can't afford a new shell...

and I couldn't find that on the salomon site...not sure about the takeover you are talking about...

I might just score a pair of shoes...but we will see \:\)

danz

The take over was more one of those we will take you over, but you can keep your identity, just give us your technology and stuff and let us put it in cheaper outdoor stuff.

It is not so much a Salomon takeover, but more an Adidas-Salomon takeover. Expansion of the group interests.

Pretty sexy jacket though huh.

Padded elbows and shoulders, hydration pocket in the back, blah blah blah.

Certainly would be nice to try one on to see if it likes me \:D

If Mogs has to choose between that jacket and snow tires, then look for a van gone nose-first into the ditch and a new green jacket flouncing down the slopes!

Sure is a fine-looking jacket.

Mogs, didn't you buy a new jacket last season? A green one?

And new boots?

And new bindings?

And new skis?

And a new backpack?

And a wetsuit and Oakley surf glasses and some rash shirts and board shorts? And a DaKine surf cap?

And an avalanche shovel?

And expensive Burton gloves?

Were those new ski socks I saw you putting on last season?

And haven't you gone through two of the largest-breasted gals at work in the past year?

What with your brand-new used van, this is enough to push a third-world country into bankruptcy.

I like your shopping style!

Do you need us to send you our wish lists so you can continue shopping in the fine style you have exhibited to date?

If not, might we ask if you have any extra large-breasted girls to dole out?