Great looking site you have here. I was kinda surprised to see something like this on Japan, but there was something in a magazine over here about it. Looks great and lots to do to, makes me want to go to Japan.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karl,

What's up man? I take it you're in WA state not District? Not too much boarding in DC.

So where are you at man? Where do you ride?

I live in Redmond and ride at Stevens, but I'm headed to Japan this Winter.

What mag did you see the site in?

The site looks good and I like the new name. At the moment I am finding it a little more difficult to navigate around the site than the old sjg but I guess that will come.

Some suggestions ...

* Please get rid of the realtime clock on the main page - I have a clock on my computer. I have one on the wall. I have one on the mobile phone. I don't need one on the web site.

* The animation of the snow japan logo is nice, and even though it only happens once every 7 seconds, I still find that the movement draws my eye to that corner. Perhaps if you made it so that it doesn't loop, or loops only twice, or even just every 20 or 30 seconds instead of 7...

* The links to the forum underneath the "GO" button on the right don't hyperlink for me at all - they are just plain images.

* It would be good to have a faster/different ways to select resorts to add to my 'my resort watch' list. E.g. as well as prefecture/resort, also have text search.

* When a resort is added to the 'my resort watch' list just go straight back to 'add another' - it is unnecessary to have a screen saying 'added' and just slows down the process of adding resorts to the list.

All in all though, I like the new site. When does the forum move from skijapanguide to the new snowjapan domain?