Happo has a handfull of tele skiers, along with Aokiko and Norikura, not to mention Niseko.... I:m sure many other places have too. Tend to see less on weekends, though. Proportionally a lot at Hak47 last Monday.

More seen at resorts during/just after bad weather, when backcountry skiing too high risk, but really not that many yet anyway. Definitely seems to be getting more popular every year, though.

As for which are suited, places with good BC access. But really, being as telemarking is the most versatile slider, anywhere is good, depending on the telemarkers pref. snow cond, terrain...

Telemarkers are everywhere...and a lot of telemarkers are backcountry skiers - but resort skiing happens to.

Myoko Kogen gets a lot of tele'ers as do Niseko, and Kagura Hachimantai (mainly off piste).

Basically most tele'ers like powder, space, trees and hate ice, moguls and incompetent racers who carve you up.

Free your heel, free your mind

There are a few of us here at Hakkouda in Aomori. I'm a newbie at the sport, but most of the guys here go off.

Free the heel, free the soul. The best come back I have heard to that is - fix the heel, fix the problem. ;\)