fatty, that post is kinda hard to read. might just be me though.

I just started, bought only a shell under which I wear uni qlo Y1,500 thermal pants. So far in the warmth of autumn I have been fine with this. I am snow boarding and that is very strenuous, so perhaps I would be cold if i were skiing.

As your skiing and therefore not sitting on your ass all day in the snow 1 warmth layer and a shell should be fine. Also you wont need the optional backside zipper that some snowboard pants have.

shell and thermals are all you need....when its really really cold, i usually use 2pair of thermals, and i'm still fine....

debee...for someone whos been out of the sport for so long you sure are hard on us... :p

danz

If youre skiing try and get some tough material on the inside of each leg as when you wipe out the edges of your skis can slit your pants there. Its easy enough to fix with this tape kind of stuff but why bother.

I had just a shell up until this season and it was good. I bought some insulated ones for this season and on a hot day cooked. Definatley agree with the vent stuff.

Also if you get bibs (with the straps over your shoulders) make sure you can go to the toilet with out taking the straps off. Strategically placed zips are really useful when you are busting BUSTING