Ok for all you drivers a question

My racks say not to drive over 80 km/h with skis on them, and although I dont really drive on the expressways with skis anyway (advantage of living in Nagano) but I was wondering what you all think. How fast with skis on? How fast with just the racks on?

I went to fuji-q amusement park this weekend (fantastic!) and noticed the drag with the racks on a lot.

cheers for any thoughts.

Generally the crowds werent too bad, but dodonpa kept breaking down so waited waaaaaay longer than should have. It said 1hr 30mins wait but we ended up being there 3 hrs as it shut down 3 times for saftey checks. But it was amazing, accellerating from 0 to 172km/h in 1.8 seconds. Not scarey or anything just afterwards you kind of went "sh*t, what was that?" uncomparable to anything Ive ever done, waaaaay faster than anything gravity can do and with the continual breaking down it added another element of fear...

Fujiyama was good, only about 30 min wait and the panic clock was freaky as, we just walked on. It helped that it was raining a bit though so not as many people perhaps.

You planning a trip there? can give you some more advice if you want

Theres this freaky thing called panic clock, a bit like the hurricane at korakuen in tokyo. Also a bizare ride where you pay 100 yen and they give you a plastic bag type of poncho thing and you wait in line with the other oompa loompas in their plastic bags with kkk hoods and then go in a "log" upppp and then down, no nothing to see and get sopping wet from the spray hence the poncho. Worth it to laugh at your mates and so odd. Loads of rides, will keep you busy all day but just choose a non busy time

Im still wondering about the racks though!