Ive just been up to Nozawa and the recent rain and warm temps have made the slopes yuckky and icy and cruddy. Anyone been to Hakuba in the last few days and offer any advice where to go tomorrow (Fri). Am keen for some slope action but if its crappy will just use the season pass and not fork out the moolah for somewhere else

Cheers

hey ocean, this is not on the topic of this thread but I didn't want to start a new one.

What size boot you after? I saw some 28.5 Salamon Malamutes today. Perhaps too small, but my size 26 thirtytwo's are too small. I tried on a pair of 26 'muts and they were a magic fit, same as the 26.5 thirtytwo's. So perhaps you could call a 28.5 'mut a size 29?

Just thought you may be interested.

Now, one the topic. I am 50/50 about going tom. It is a bit expensive for a dud day from Tokyo.

Thanks deebs, I'll check 'em out. They're supposed to be good boots anyway. I nearly bought a pair of 28 Vans today, but I thought of you, and resisted the temptation. (Vans really seem to fit my shape of foot.)

I have been scouring the maps and various very japanese websites all evening. There is a place out there that will have 30cm new snow by tomorrow morning.

The challenge is it has to be open and easy to reach.

So far my weather studies seem to indicate that southern nagano will get the most snow.

I don't really know, konoyaro. ;\) I went there for my 3rd time when I wasn't exactly proficient and only rode the lower half which seemed a bit lame. But my mate was riding the top bit and said it was pretty good - wide, with a fair bit of pow.

Having been to Royal Hill, I'd say that for just piste riding, Echo Valley looks better. But Royal Hill has some nice toys doesn't it?

It does indeed look as though southern naggers is going to get the most white...