G'Day everyone!

I have been toying with the idea of getting a longer and more flexible board for riding the powder in Japan. But i would like to here from people who have actually riden deep powder. I have riden pwoder but nothing like Japan.

I currently have a 156cm Palmer Gap. I am around 61kgs (pretty skinny i know!!) and just over 5foot 10inches.

Do all you riders think i should get a longer board?? I really dont want to get over there and have the wrong equipment.

Any input appreciated. Thanks guys!

whaddup s_f?

I would say you would enjoy an longer board...but you do not need one. I have ripped the deepest of pow on a 157 and never thought to myself, "damn this sucks." Actually this year I picked up a larger board (161) so maybe my tune will change, but it's not like a few CMs is the difference between a good run and a bad. I am a little bigger than you: ~6"(180cm) 165LB (75kg) so it should make even less of a difference for you. What were you thinking of getting?

dude,

i'm built almost identically to you and i'm riding a 160 burton custom

all depends upon how agressive you ride

you'll be ok i'd say - set ya bindings back and lay right back in it \:D

For the really deep stuff you could try a burton fish. the powder specific boards, though they can be ridding elsewhere.. or get a 160-62.

Personally if you are just going to stick to the resorts on honshu and not go BC then the board U already have should be sufficient. if you were heavier......

I'm the same height as you and used to ride 155 which was basically the board I learned on. When I hit the pow in that thing it just didn't cut it really. I upgraded to a 161 and the difference was huge. I would go bigger for sure. However I'm 74kg so that probably makes quite a bit of difference-you should float a bit better.

yeah go the bigger.. i ride a 162 and havnt wanted to ride anything smaller since

the smaller will suffice, but the bigger will be better...

and also i wouldnt be heading for a more flexible board confused.gif i would say go for something super stiff!

if it fits the budjet (and dont forget you will use it everywhere else) then go for it

Thanks all for your replies and thoughts.

ender - i hadn't really thought about what board to get. Probably something by Palmer, Capita or Prior because i can get them at cost price. \:D

Im not sure what im going to do. I'm thinking that because i am so light that i may be ok. Let's face it, im going to have fun either way.

Hmmm, oh i dont know!!! I think i'll do some more research on the above brands.

Thanks again for the replies!