Ever been ripped on an ebay buy?

OK so ordered something. It arrives, lets say 1/4 of what it should have been.

In the process of asking the sellet "excuse me, but WTF?", but wondering if anyone ever bought stuff and it turns up very different to what you ordered.

Was claiming easy?

Always always always check the item description. If the item does match the description, then you can file a claim.

Some dumbass a while back bought an iphone 5 off ebay for 500USD then got pissed it was just an empty box. His item description said "Iphone 5 retail packaging" and his claim had no worth.

So just make sure the description matches. The image can be anything, stock imaging, a picture of a dog turd, whatever.

As for your actual question, I don't use ebay much anymore, but I bought an airsoft shotgun when I was younger, expecting it to be a high quality tokyo mauri SPAS-12. It was a 40 dollar replica, lol. Just ignorance.

What did you order that had 1/4 of what it was supposed to be?

The description was thankfully very very clear. And very different to what I got. There's absolutely no chance of a misunderstanding.

No worries on that count! :friend:

From Ebay:

Provide documentation that the item was properly described:

If you can show that an item was properly described, the case can be closed. Here are examples of descriptions that match the item:

The buyer states that the item is used, not new, and the listing clearly describes the item as used.

A defect in the item was correctly described by the seller.

The item was properly described, but the buyer didn't want it after receiving it.

The item was properly described but didn't meet the buyer's expectations.

The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.

That's about it being described right, but do a print screen or whatever of the original article and pictures of the product on arrival, and you should be able to contest it fine.

You can get a full or partial refund. Ebay likes for you to try and work it out with the seller before you create a case for them, but if someone obviously shafted you I wouldn't even bother

Unfortunately they are being arseholes - not apologising, not even admitting what they sent was not what I bought when it's clear up there on their page. They are offering a full refund but I don't want to go through the hassle of sending back esp. when I'll lose out on postage. Going to wait the 3 days before I can escalate it with ebay.

:grandpa: