Snowboarded today for 8 hours. Maybe 30 minutes for lunch and two 20 minute breaks. The rest of the time I was on the mountain. Towards the end of the day, I would fall and just lay there for a few minutes until I could will myself up. I decided to quit when it was an effort to even stand up. I heard so many "Daijoubu?" "Daijoubu desu ka?" today.

I'm exhausted and going to onsen, but I still feel accomplished because I identified a lot of the technique I'm doing wrong after getting back into the sport and have a weekend in Ajigasawa to look forward to!

Anyone else done that?

And a lunch break ;) No need to stop for food, that's what the lifts are for.

Longest day I had was 9 hours, from start to finish, one 15 minute toilet break. Had pockets full of chocolate and cereal for munching on the lifts. Was going to be only day by myself with no kids, so was determined to make the most of it.

And a lunch break ;) No need to stop for food, that's what the lifts are for.

Longest day I had was 9 hours, from start to finish, one 15 minute toilet break. Had pockets full of chocolate and cereal for munching on the lifts. Was going to be only day by myself with no kids, so was determined to make the most of it.

Sadly the lodge was completely sold out of food, so I had to go down to a Lawson and fill my stomach with ピザまん and エルチキン!I'll pack some calorie mates next time.

• Like 1

What a whimp you had 2 breaks and stopped for lunch and only snowboarded for 8 hours, weak!!!! I skied for 15 hours non stop before no breaks nothing!!!!!

No only joking lol!

I'm definitely feeling it this morning.

I probably should have built up and started conditioning first but I was super eager to get back out and ride.

Sore muscles?

Calves-Check

Thighs- Check

Lower Gluts- Check

Lower back- Check

Traps- Check

Shoulders- Check

Neck- Double Check

Have to take it easy for a few days =-/

Also, the L chicken is delicious. It took a while for me to get used to the fact that they leave the skin on all chicken here in Japan. Great snack for 105円

yeah sounds pretty common for me I have even hurt myself and headed back only to turn around for a few more runs. I hope to do it everyday for the 3 weeks I am there this year.

I love lawsons I could live off there food.

I haven't had 7-11 chicken yet as there isn't one in my city (True meaning of inaka) but its much better than the Circle K chicken for sure.

I feel much better today, but getting out of bed this morning was rough. No where to go but up I suppose.

I spent most of the morning researching snowboarding ACL injuries...

I always charge hard on my first day out and pay for it days later. I should know better but I still do it anyways. If I go up with my family the wife is pretty scathing if I retire before the last lift. I don't dare mention that I had stopped for lunch.... :shifty:

Those konbini chicken pieces are tempting but dangerous.

My brother ate a Family Mart one in Tokyo that gave him 48 hours of fevers, hallucinations, and liquid projections from from both ends.

And that is after he got through a few weeks in Gulmarg, India, with relatively good gastric health.

When I was living in America the nearest ski area was 3 hours away by car if the weather was OK. I would only go maybe once or twice a season. I was also in my teens and early twenties so every time I was on a mountain it was like that. At least for the first day. Sometimes my body would force me to slow down a bit on the second and third :)