Does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to stay at Nozawa Onsen?

Good = convenient/clean/warm/reasonable price etc.

I'm heading up there on 25-26 Jan with some friends as an alternative to blowing a heap of cash on this year's Aussie Ball.

I've had a look at the accomodation pages on SnowJapan site (fantastic site by the way guys - simply brilliant), but I'm wondering if anyone has some local knowledge they would like to share.

I dont know what the cost is but some gaijin friends go to Nozawa each year around the fire festival and stay in Daimaruya. I went up for some drinks (and spading ;\) ) last year and the place looked nice, the food good and the owners not antsy about drunken idiot behaviour if thats your thing. I dont think they speak English though. http://www.nozawa.or.jp/daimaruya/home in Japanese only but easy enough to translate with online software.

I took a few runs with an Australian guy last week and he was staying at Haus St Anton and was quite happy with everything. Sorry dont know contact details.

Theres an Austrian guy that works at the village office called Michio Flasser if you get really stuck give him a call in work hours and get him to hook you up. 0269 85 3111 ext 153 but am sure if you babble in Eng they will put you through