Hi there, i'm booking my pow trip and even if i read tons of info on the forum i still have some question.

First, last year i went 30 days in Niseko, had a blast, literally, met good friends, hiked the Yotei and a couple more peaks... So i want to get back!

At the same time, i feel it's time to walk away from the paved road.

So here's the deal: i have 40 days, starting from 12th of January and i wanna spend 30 days in Niseko, while 10 somewhere else. If i stay in Niseko for 30 days i can save money on accomodation, i got a special offer from a guest house. I'm traveling solo, so i'd like to avoid renting a car, it would kill my budget (and i need money for my AK trip in late march, so i really can't invest more).

Do you think a tour in central Hokkaido is doable without a car? I was thinking about Asahidake but it looks hard to get the best out of it without a guide. Or staying in Asahikawa and moving around, but i think you need a car, and then comes the budget limit...

Any other suggestion for central Hokkaido without a car?

That's a good solution... in the meanwhile a friend from Sapporo asked me to join him in a 4 days trip to Rishiri island. Now the plan is going with him, then moving to Sapporo for a couple of days riding Teine, then probably going to Furano as you suggested. Time to book the plane ticket :)

Slightly personal question, but how is it that you or others have 30+ days to spend each year on a massive ski trip? Independently wealthy? Student? I'm genuinely jealous and guessing my plan of investing in lottery tickets may not be the best course of action.

Ya Deadlymonkey.....same question. It seems the older I get, the harder (more) I'm working. I do have expensive hobbies but even without those I still couldn't just get up and take a month or two off.

for me.

I spent less snowboarding all over japan for 3 months than it would cost me to live normally in Sydney. It wouldnt even be close if I were to live like my friends.

In expensive places like whistler its about on par.

I guess that just shows how retarded Sydney is though.

• Like 1

Yeah but I think it's more how can you get the time off work for 3 months of boarding every year......although I seem to remember that ur self employed.....being the boss may make it easier to get favours ;)

Slightly personal question, but how is it that you or others have 30+ days to spend each year on a massive ski trip? Independently wealthy? Student? I'm genuinely jealous and guessing my plan of investing in lottery tickets may not be the best course of action.

I made a lifestyle choice .

Anyone can do it if you give up on some things that you think you need.

Seth sentry said it well. F% spending my whole life in a job that I dont like so I can buy shit that I dont need"

You only get so many days on this planet, make them count.

• Like 1