Chris,

Im interested in XC skiing, but I only have skate skiis and need the wider groomed or snow-machine trails (do they even have snow machines in Japan?).

I believe Im not that far from nagano. Have you been XC skiing there yet, what is it like? Im trying to find good areas with the trails I need.

Leslie

Ya I guess I wasn't so specific. So I am learning to tele ski and I ski on a back-country tele ski cross. Which is to say they are fairly straight with out too much of the hour glass thing going on. I use a cable binding but back-country boots so they are a bit soft. I am hoping to pick up some hard boots but I am not sure where. I have mosty been skiing on hiking trails and mountain roads that are closed for the winter though I have skied up a few small mountains. Last week I went to Kamicochi. Good View. A lot of monkeys. I am hoping to go to Norikura sometime this winter as I hear there is fairly good skiing there.

Chris

The monkey na they were just eating branches. Freaked me out a bit though. I had been hearing cracking sounds for a while but didn`t really pay attention and then I saw a baby monkey and then his mother and then...so anyway all of a sudden I noticed that I was surrounded by about 50 monkeys. They didn't seem so interested in me but I decided to have my lunck somewhere else though.

Chris