I got the 2013 Fish (black one) in a 160!

I'm 182cm and 76kg, could have easily got the 156 but somehow opted for the 160!!

My old board, 2008 Burton Fix was a 156 and for some reason my longer and chunkier Fish feels smaller and lighter than it!!!!

Anyone considering upgrading and getting a powder board.....do it!!!!! It will change your riding ability, confidence and the sort of terrain suddenly available to you!!!

Spent months watching yahoo Japan and eBay to find a cheap 2nd hand fish and ended up finding mine on rakuten!!

I got the 2013 Fish (black one) in a 160!

I'm 182cm and 76kg, could have easily got the 156 but somehow opted for the 160!!

My old board, 2008 Burton Fix was a 156 and for some reason my longer and chunkier Fish feels smaller and lighter than it!!!!

Anyone considering upgrading and getting a powder board.....do it!!!!! It will change your riding ability, confidence!!!!!!! and the sort !!!!!of terrain suddenly !!!!!!!!!available to you!!!

Spent months !!!!!!!watching yahoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Japan and eBay to find a cheap!!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd hand!!! fish and ended!!!!!!!!!!! up finding mine on rakuten!!

Sorry, forum rules say that you can't use that many exclamation marks without putting at least a couple of '1's in there.

Please edit your post accordingly.

In seriousness, I found my plank on rakuten as well. It's amazing what you can get on there sometimes, and I would be really skeptical of buying a used board on eBay or the like without being able to inspect in person.

That said, if/when I take my stabilizers off and get a proper nice setup, I dare say eBay will feature somehow.

hahahaha! i honest to god forgot. Hmmm... why did i hate them... lets see...

Just re-read that. No honest idea why. It was of course before i became a convert to Ride (thanks zerker). And ride are owned by k2, and they kinda share tech and designs a bit if memory serves me right. So maybe i do really hate K2 and have some legitimate reason to do so, but now i have the k2/ride rosy tinted specs on, its really hard to even contemplate why. What makes it more intriguing was this was around the time the happy hour was first released, and ill be honest, i realllllllly wanted that board. I also wanted the slayblade as well since it kept winning goodwood.

Maybe it was like a combination of ski company, export restrictions, expense, and a lack of ever riding one (i still havent). Or maybe it was something else. I wish i wrote more or at least elaborated, but i guess its lost in the haze of memory :) Pay no heed.

Also pay no heed to any comment i make on snowboards within the last 12 months (and longer if you actually know your shit), since i havent even looked at whats around for the past year and a bit. I <3 my zerker, im in shitty china. The snow wouldnt even make it through the first layer of pollution. If pie eater wants a dome project, he could look no further than the bubble of nitrous oxide that envelops my city (and every other city nearby) 5-6 days/week. Didnt i read the other day something like its so hazardous, its even started affecting photosynthesis. Brilliant stuff this nuclear winter.

What im trying to say in a roundabout way of course is that i dunno what i was on about. Love your K2. I love my zerker. Indeed, didnt capita poach one of their core board designers last year (or am i making shit up?). I also love capita. So yay! snowboards! Wish i could care about tech again. But honestly, id need to live in sapporo to bother anymore. The weathers warming up, monday was about as warm as ive felt since november. I still havent got a single day in. And if i do make it out for a ride, its going to be a shocker for the conditions i imagine. Might have another crack at monday next week if i can drag some friends out for a couple of days on the hill before the seasons a full write off. :(

God, i wish wish wish i could hate k2, at least id be snowboarding and caring about this shit. I miss that :(

PS. Fun thread. Just spent an idle few minutes reading through it (which really just means reading my posts and ignoring everyone elses unless i happen to have quoted them). Arent tech discussions hilariously stupid? Theyre even funnier when EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. is basically saying "its all personal preference anyway..." :)

Ive still got a hook up from trusnow (i actually have two seasons since i didnt touch it last year - i have the code and everythingbut just havent even bothered picking that one up because... well, china innit. I cant be ****ed lumping more weight around the next time i move again - or worse, selling it off in a non existent market).

The happy hour is still a BIG option if i go for another board. I need a fun muck about board and a 157 might just do the trick for icesheets/slush a la korea (or a 159 if im feeling frisky with the pow). It aint over quite yet. Though i might need some board advice these days :p

hahahaha! i honest to god forgot. Hmmm... why did i hate them... lets see...

Just re-read that. No honest idea why. It was of course before i became a convert to Ride (thanks zerker). And ride are owned by k2, and they kinda share tech and designs a bit if memory serves me right. So maybe i do really hate K2 and have some legitimate reason to do so, but now i have the k2/ride rosy tinted specs on, its really hard to even contemplate why. What makes it more intriguing was this was around the time the happy hour was first released, and ill be honest, i realllllllly wanted that board. I also wanted the slayblade as well since it kept winning goodwood.

Maybe it was like a combination of ski company, export restrictions, expense, and a lack of ever riding one (i still havent). Or maybe it was something else. I wish i wrote more or at least elaborated, but i guess its lost in the haze of memory :) Pay no heed.

Also pay no heed to any comment i make on snowboards within the last 12 months (and longer if you actually know your shit), since i havent even looked at whats around for the past year and a bit. I <3 my zerker, im in shitty china. The snow wouldnt even make it through the first layer of pollution. If pie eater wants a dome project, he could look no further than the bubble of nitrous oxide that envelops my city (and every other city nearby) 5-6 days/week. Didnt i read the other day something like its so hazardous, its even started affecting photosynthesis. Brilliant stuff this nuclear winter.

What im trying to say in a roundabout way of course is that i dunno what i was on about. Love your K2. I love my zerker. Indeed, didnt capita poach one of their core board designers last year (or am i making shit up?). I also love capita. So yay! snowboards! Wish i could care about tech again. But honestly, id need to live in sapporo to bother anymore. The weathers warming up, monday was about as warm as ive felt since november. I still havent got a single day in. And if i do make it out for a ride, its going to be a shocker for the conditions i imagine. Might have another crack at monday next week if i can drag some friends out for a couple of days on the hill before the seasons a full write off. :(

God, i wish wish wish i could hate k2, at least id be snowboarding and caring about this shit. I miss that :(

PS. Fun thread. Just spent an idle few minutes reading through it (which really just means reading my posts and ignoring everyone elses unless i happen to have quoted them). Arent tech discussions hilariously stupid? Theyre even funnier when EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. is basically saying "its all personal preference anyway..." :)

See :p :D

• Like 1

So reading between the (many) lines, is ippy actually missing Japan???

Back to topic, I've wanted to try some of the boards previously mentioned including a Fish and its baby brother, the Fishcuit, but my own personal preference is my current ride, a Prior Khyber!!

• Like 1

I'd like to try the fish, hovercraft and the Nitro slash. My Salomon Powder Snake has been fantastic in it's first full season of Hokkaido powder which makes me wanna try out it's roided big brother, the Sick Stick

The goodwood award was what swung my raygun purchase as well. Before that there was a Turbo Dream 159 on sale at a nearby Sports Alpen at a ridiculous price, but someone snarfed it before I came back with the money. Different kind of board I know, but it did look hella fun.

I wish i wrote more or at least elaborated...

:o

• Like 1

So reading between the (many) lines, is ippy actually missing Japan???

Back to topic, I've wanted to try some of the boards previously mentioned including a Fish and its baby brother, the Fishcuit, but my own personal preference is my current ride, a Prior Khyber!!

of course i miss japan... in winter... when it snows... when i live next to the mountains and can go riding every chance i get. Who wouldnt? I also miss the 13-18 teaching hours where all i ever really had to do was sit around for half the lesson then produce an activity/game for the grammar point, then go back to surfing the net. I dont miss the shit (comparative) pay though or the... um... sorry japan... moody arrogant students.

I considered the 2012 Birdman when I bought both the Fish and the Slackcountry.

Nice board and looks like it can handle groomers as well as big mountain stuff.

Just too big and clumsy for the tight trees and situations where you need to turn on a dime.

The Fish is a great board but you can't ride switch in tight trees it just buries itself but with the Birdman you can although I am not a fan of tight trees sometimes you can't avoid them

I considered the 2012 Birdman when I bought both the Fish and the Slackcountry.

Nice board and looks like it can handle groomers as well as big mountain stuff.

Just too big and clumsy for the tight trees and situations where you need to turn on a dime.

The Fish is a great board but you can't ride switch in tight trees it just buries itself but with the Birdman you can although I am not a fan of tight trees sometimes you can't avoid them

I am not about to ride switch through tight trees on any board :shifty:

The Birdman is a directional shape, so you wouldn't wanna be trying it on that either. Recipe for disaster!

The Ride Slackcountry is the weapon to choose for that kind of suicidal behaviour, as it is as close to a true twin-tip shape as you can get in a powder specific board :thumbsup: