:) Im busy teaching classes yo! 28/week innit. What you just had was my one and only gap class in the whole week. The rest of the week its 5 minute breaks or a lunch time spent in saizeria. And yes, that was a very accurate translation. Well, to some extent. Its not you SHOULD, its that you will invariably buy more boards the longer you ride. Its annoying. We all do it and we all hate doing it. And its especially true those first 3-5 years where the stoke is super high. After that you kinda settle into your boards a bit.

:) Im busy teaching classes yo! 28/week innit. What you just had was my one and only gap class in the whole week. The rest of the week its 5 minute breaks or a lunch time spent in saizeria. And yes, that was a very accurate translation. Well, to some extent. Its not you SHOULD, its that you will invariably buy more boards the longer you ride. Its annoying. We all do it and we all hate doing it. And its especially true those first 3-5 years where the stoke is super high. After that you kinda settle into your boards a bit.

A short one thank the deities.

I find this to mean: We love to buy boards but we also hate to buy boards.

you got bindings to go with that? Do you ride goofy?

Not Included in the deal.......I do have an extra set of bindings but I don't think I will let them go..........They are Burton Cartel's, they are my backup bindings. Perhap an offer would make me think twice though...... :evilgrin:

In an underhand if not desperate attempt to muscle in on TB's deal and lose Mr Wiggles his hard-earned commission, I happen to know where there's a Goodwood-award-winning, 155 Ride Machete with Salomon Arcade bindings going for a good price! ;)

• Like 1
  • SnowJapan Admin

There's no "classifieds" on here, of course.

:(

バット!

:)

I don't mind long time members and friends mentioning stuff in passing, like has been done in this thread.

As long as the posts are crypticly amusing.

And you don't say "BOOK NOW!".

Not in capitals anyway.

;)

I didn't realise I had any replies on this thread and thought nobody cared about me! but I was wrong. Thanks everyone for your help, you guys rock!

What I ended up doing in the absence of your advice (ok so really it was ignorance or blindness because the advice was here all along) was buying a factory second from the US and having it delivered to my address in Niseko. It's a Burton Process (162), yeop completely and utterly mainstream, I know. But I have no experience and haven't tried anything myself so went with a general crowd pleaser, for a first board I think it will be great. I love it already and we haven't even met.

With regards to boots, I got super dooper lucky beyond my wildest dreams and a friend of a friend from my small home town had a pair of barely used Burton rulers that fit me like a glove. For bindings I ordered second hand contact pros (2011-2012) from over east and now all I have remaining to do is get a converter plate so they fit my channel board. I know this isn't ideal but at my level I don't think I'll notice the performance retardation by the introduction of the converter. So no Sapporo stop for me! straight to the snow!

Thanks again everyone for your help, I'll try to get off the Burton trail because I know there is a lot more out there.

Hope to see you all on the slopes!