how far away is that from center city sapporo and how would we go about getting there? we have never been so...as much information as you can give would be great! i certainly don't want to go and board a shitty park the whole week. I'm not against checking out Teine for our first day, but don't want to stay their the whole trip.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your hotel is quite a way away from Teine! You can get there by train (first, subway/taxi/long walk to train station) and then a connecting bus, take a while though, money will add up too. Have you t

Niseko Bus Pack is only 4900.   Hit the world famous N and have 100Y towards a can of beer.   http://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/otoku.html

If you go to the Resorts section on the main site, select the resort you want to get to, for instance Niseko Grand Hirafu, go to the resort page, and select the Route Finder tab.   Startng addrress

whats the opinions on Niseko? the map looks fantastic and much better than Teine. easy to get to and how long? and about how much?

you guys are getting me pumped for our trip!!!! i've been looking forward to this one for 2 years!

Ah....you mean resort. Yeah if u are wanting to hit Niseko then staying over there is much better. You can take the bus but u waste valuable shredding time as DiGriz pointed out. If u want to stay in Sapporo, Kiroro and Kokusai are also very close....and Rusutsu is 90 mins to 2 hrs depending on road conditions by bus

Winter Vacation: are you referring to niseko? We drove at least 2 hours to get to a resort back home so i think the distance is oki'm not sure i should be too concerned about the distance....especially if the bus runs at 7am...should be their around 9?

The bus may leave your hotel at 7 but it probably will do pick ups at other hotels in the city so prob leave Sapporo about 8 and get there back of 10.....I'm just guessing tho as I don't have the bus schedule. It is doable.....as is Rusutsu, whic has awesome access to in bound trees and deep powder, with less crowds than Niseko. That's a tad closer, about 90 mins on good roads

You may be confusing the Chuo service with the Whiteliner service which picks up from 7am 'til 8:30 in Saporro. The Whiteliner goes to the hotels.

But 3 hours to resort with 1 toilet break is a bit slow compared to car of course.

alright so now that i think i'm leaning more towards renting a car is navigation easy? We will be getting a GPS but since we don't know Japanese will we be alright with navigation and all that? I know all about the international drivers license and a car is looking to be about $450 for a week.

how long would it be to the resorts by car?

If you go to the Resorts section on the main site, select the resort you want to get to, for instance Niseko Grand Hirafu, go to the resort page, and select the Route Finder tab.

Startng addrress as Sapporo

It will give you approx times.

• Like 1

Most Japanese Nav systems only need the phone number of where you are going. Put in the resort phone number and follow the directions. A nav system in English is good, but as far as I know only available from Toyota rentals.