Do skiers think that the technology would be any different if it wasnt for the influence of snowboarding..by that i mean that 7 years ago, skis were still relatively straight with huge sidecut radius. Now, skis are basically the same as a board, twin tipped, shaped with lots of sidecut (short radius between tip and tail).

How important has snowboarding been to skiing? :rolleyes:

I think the question should be how important is it that they coexist and feed off one another.

With skiing there would've been no people whom got bored and wanted to try something diff.

Without boarding skiing would never have realised how bored it was getting and there would be no now.

My 2c.

Every year things get better. Snowboarding gave birth to the park and pipe and I thank them for that.

I dont think skis got fat because of snowboarding here is why for more than 15 years there has been Fat skis. Heli ski companies demanded them because most of the guests couldnt enjoy the pow or got so tired sking with straight skis. Thus the Fat ski. Pro skiers knew they were better in pow, but the companies needed them the skiers to ski product that was selling, and not on fat skis.

Guys like a McConkey and Kreitler begged for them for years.

I dont care if you snowboard ski or tele what matters most is that your having fun. Sounds lame but I think it holds true.

One of McConkey's new skis has a reverse camber kind of like a water ski. - I cant see it taking off in New Zealand (and the east of canada & us)but if the man says it works in Alaska then I'll believe him.