Hey all, I am back in Japan and wanna get my permanent residency. Since I am the real-son of Japanese, this is no problem but still have to go thru the process.How did you guys get the hosho-nin ? I am in a situation I really don`t have anyone I can ask. Any NPO ?

Hey Jynxx.....long time no see!! Can't help you with the visa TBH as I am still on an instructor visa. How come you need a visa? Did you give up your Japanese citizenship?

おひさしぶり everyone. yeah, g-g I chucked a thursday ... Tubs, I really wonder what my life is/was all about but we don`t get into that. Yes I lost my Japa citizenship

Welcome back, Jynxx.

If you don't have any family still here, do you have an employer?

Are you planning to settle down here for good? (Assuming, since you say you want permanent residency.)

If so, could you apply for citizenship again? As I understand it, it is a process completely unconnected to visa issues, so you could do that instead of getting permanent residency.

Just a thought.

Catch22 - I went to Shoku-an (halowork) and I need a valid visa to register to get employment. I can get Tei-jyu visa first that gives me a lot of options. After a year, I can apply for permanent residency. As for the citizenship,10 to 20 years (so they say after getting permanent residency)

Cal...guarantor.

Jynxx....welcome back BTW.... I have PR but I don't remember having to have a hosho nin. My wife was obviously my hosho nin but I just can't remember that part of it. Nobody you can hit up for it, eh??

After so many years ... you know .. In this situation, I rather someone distant and not related. I have decided on a company that takes it up for a fee.