Last year I had a co-worker with Trichotillomania (hair pulling disorder) that sat across from me and drove me nuts with his incessant tugging at his scalp. Now, as of last week we have an intern that is sitting beside me with the same bloody disorder. Somebody give the odds of that happening. I'd never heard of it or seen in all my years and now two cases back to back and sitting right beside me.

It's F'ing insanely distracting for me but it must be utterly torture for them. They literally can not stop themselves.

Somebody give the odds of that happening.

Chriselle, I have spent the last few days calculating this for you. Given that you are in Shizuoka, like bananas and cougars, and it's rainy season, the odds are:

356,000 to 1

(Give or take a little).

:thumbsup:

230px-Trichotillomania_1.jpg

Perhaps it's the pressure of sitting near Chriselle that is pushing these poor people to have this condition?

:confused:

But...but.... How can that be? I just finished writing "Chris is loved by everyone." on the blackboard. :confused:

Hair pulling disorder!? Never heard of that. Do they actually pull it out?

At least they don't smell (maybe).

;)

Yes...it's really interesting to watch. You can almost see the inner battle trying to NOT do it. Each person seems to have their own style of pulling, too. The dude last year would grab a tuft and yank and then closely inspect his fingers. The new guy twirls a patch like a schoolgirl and then gives it a yank. They'll repeat this around 10 times per episode. But, even with the yanking I don't think they actually pull much out. It's more the act or perhaps maybe they have managed to modify the action so they go through the motion but leave the hair in tact. It's bloody odd but hard to not watch.

Damn...I'm so glad I'm perfectly normal.. ;)

Oh and...they both smell..seriously!

I hope it's not contagious

So far, so good.

My wife is a trigger for a temporary manic form of the disorder. It manifests itself at least once a month. :lol:

what job do you have?

I like how my wife says it.... I am a master pen maker supplementing with an ALT job. Lately, that's certainly been the order of significance.

its better than how my wife describes my job........a masterbator supplementing with an ALT job......there is no cross over of work schedules though....of course.....Your Honour...... :shifty:

;)