The FOOTBALL Thread (2013-2014)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even before we get those fixtures, let me begin by confidently predicting that it'll be out year.

Agent Moyes has struck early.....hope he can keep it goin! ;)

Interesting to see that Agent Moyes has went 4-4-2 when most of the top teams now play a variation of 4-3-3/4-5-1

I certainly still expect Man U to win today but the pressure is starting to mount on Moyes....I wonder how much rope they'll give him

Jack Wilshere has admitted making "a mistake" after being pictured with a cigarette last week, despite a representative for the Arsenal midfielder previously claiming the incident was part of a prank.

Wilshere, who scored the equaliser during his side's 1-1 draw against West Bromwich Albion on Sunday, was pictured with a cigarette outside a London nightclub in the early hours of Thursday morning, after the 2-0 victory over Napoli in the Champions League.

The Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, said he "disagreed completely" with players smoking on Friday and despite claims that he was holding the cigarette as part of "a dare", Wilshere has now admitted making an error. "I made a mistake, players make mistakes, I'm not a smoker.

"I spoke with the boss and he asked me what happened, I explained to him, we sorted it out and he put me in the team and hopefully I repaid him," he said.

Asked if he thought it was an issue that could return, he added: "No it's not. I'm not a smoker so I think that will be my last one."

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm jolly glad that this kerfuffle is now sorted. It was worrying to think modern footballers take part if such high jinx pranks. Especially mid season.

I see Rooney has talked about why he wanted away from United. Too much playing in midfield. But, was he really played in midfield much? :confused:

Actually properly in midfield, a few times only.

I can't say I'm that interested but if Japan are going, it would be nice for England to be there too.

They'll probably do the usual beat some high-ranking team in a friendly, scam their way into being seeded and an easy group, struggle through, and then lose in the first or second knockout match.