Muzukashii desu ne.

Gaikoku mo arimasu ka?

----

I heard that today.

It went on to explain (not ask) how 'human relations' were on a completely different lee in Japan than 'overseas' (meaning, of course, every single country).

Oh dear, what do you say in response to stuff like this.

Without mincing words, some people are always going to be a bit thick. However, the "Japan is unique" one is too prevalent here to be dismissed as a simple individual failing.

At least "ningen kankei" are nothing to be proud of. When Japanese people extol more virtuous things as unique, it can sound very offensive.

I find little point in trying to address this, as it only serves to show how 'argumentative' foreigners are. You're hardly likely to change their mind, rather just re-inforce some negatives.

Perhaps that's a bit of complacency seeping in after being here x years.

I dislike the kind of people who look for the differences, rather than the similarities.

Got one person in the office, absolutely everything comes down to foreigner/Japanese. He ALWAYS brings it in, even when it's totally not relevant.

He seems to revel in pointing out that I'm not Japanese, and therefore of course I can't understand or can't copy with something.

He wants a good punch in the fact to be honest.