As we anxiously await the outcome and find out who the new Pope will be, don't you think they should twitter and facebooks it so that we have up to minute reports.

Sistine Chapel closes as cardinals prepare to choose next pope

All but five of 115 cardinal-electors have arrived in Rome to take part in 'deep, unhurried' conclave, Vatican says

What are your hopes for the new Pope?

I hope he can do lots of good for world peace, and cure some diseases. Hopefully keep his mitts off young boys and the other cardinals too, but that's not as important. As long as he does the former.

• Like 1

It's a bit like jury duty isn't it?

Deliberate (pray) then take a secret ballot.

If everyone agrees you are done.

If not you start again.

Eventually those who don't agree with the larger group get sick of being locked in there and change their vote.

Not always with the most effective results.

Can't be easy trying to find someone who hasn't been accused of fcucking some kid in the arse or protecting someone who has in that organisation.

the dude's from Argentina........a country that harboured Nazi war criminals for decades after WWII. His hands will be dirty

He's a joker too!

Jorge Bergoglio, 76, from Buenos Aires was revealed as the new Pope this evening at around 7.15pm GMT to screaming crowds in St Peter's Square, Vatican City. The native Spanish speaker, who is also fluent in Italian and German, began his address with a joke, saying that his brother cardinals had gathered to pick a bishop of Rome 'and they have chosen one from far away but here I am'. Dressed in white robes with an elaborate stole, Pope Francis becomes the first South American Pontiff and first non-European Pope. He is also the first Jesuit to hold the title and narrowly lost out to Benedict XVI in 2005

:rollabout:

:bumtish:

God seems very forgiving of pedophiles destroying the lives of innocent children but have a loving and consentual relationship with someone of the same sex and that's it, eternity in hell for you my boy!!! Don't you just love religion?

I'd just love to be the guy that makes the smoke. Black smoke? White smoke??....na... I'd send up a rainbow of colours just to f*** with all the people waiting outside.