Well I for one think it is not necessarily such a bad thing to have patrollers here. This is our chance to be heard, eh? All of our rants about what we would do if we called the shots...well these guys call the shots. If we think they are out of line, or that policies should change, they are hearing it. Maybe they are here to take some of this constructive criticism back to their supervisors. Am I being optimistic? Maybe. But do you think they are really here as spies to find out what gaijin are getting ready to shoot the ropes?

Fattwins - I do not think it is necessary to silence discussion of these topics. I can't think of anything I have said that I wouldn't want anyone to hear. That is part of posting on a public forum. Not only can anyone read it...but anyone can read it forever.

Kaz - Hey, if you are out there reading this I whole heartedly invite you to join the conversation. Please don't fear people flaming you for subterfuge. Maybe you can clear up some of the many issues that have been floating around.

I say we give her (and any other lurkers) the benefit of the doubt and hear what they have to say. I just hope they are willing to come out and say it.

Can't really see how it's racist to tune into a forum discussion or should I say lurk, skulk and spy? Anyhow this issue concerns you big brother so instead of watching there like a voyer in a grubby raincoat why don't you step up and engage in some direct upfront discourse. Or perhaps you are too shy-I doubt you are racist but you're definately a peeping tom.

> The Patroller at Goryu is a close friend of mine and I think because her english is good she is told to monitor the snow forums.

Listen to what Ads says "she is told to monitor". It's more than likely that she is told not to join in and say anything. Couldn't go having a patroller speaking for resort management now could we?

Quote:
It's more than likely that she is told not to join in and say anything. Couldn't go having a patroller speaking for resort management now could we?
Is reading and listening to people not a first step?

Didn't the site people say that something like over 95% of people reading here don't post?

What if he/she doesn't feel comforatable writing English?

And more importantly, what if they feel that if they start writing it will just take up far too much of their valuable time, and the very high possibility that whatever they write, certain aggressive individuals will go round and round in circles trying to catch them out etc.

If a patrol person is reading this - I applaud you (and so probably do many reasonable people on here) \:\)

I find it a little racist that this person was maybe only told to monitor the gaijin site. If she was told to monitor others then fine its not racist. Japanese blame gaijin for everything, rise in crime to well, just about everything. I know more Japanese that duck ropes or ski "OB".

Dont blame the problem on me! People are getting better, and they want more for there money. These Japanese kids, fork big bucks out on all the latest crap, they are getting pretty good. These are the people pushing Japan to open up, not me.

People sometimes ask me where to ski, cause I have been here longer and know more. I would rather do it in private now, that is just me.

If she was the English-competent member of staff - as was mentioned before - then is she not the obvious choice of person to "monitor" the English site (if in fact this "monitoring" happened at all)?

I would have thought that as a resort, they have people checking out ALL of the many Japanese sites to see what people are saying and thinking. Any staff can do that. If someone is going to "monitor" the foreign market, then it will be someone who is at least a bit competent in the language. Surely?

Whilst I am not saying that there is not even slight racist feelings going on in Japanese society, I do think the racist card on this particular issue is more than a little far-fetched.

Quote:
Then lets hear that from people that they are monitoring both japanese sites and gaijin ones. I think we all know the mind they are not and if they are stand up and say so.
As I mentioned in another part, surely any company is going to be reading things about themselves ("monitoring") and their competiton on a variety of different sources - websites, forums, magazines, etc. Any company takes part in research on their image and the image of their competitors.

Surely you cannot expect them to join in every discussion that involves them - that is frankly ludicrous.

You have too much faith. Do you really think that.

The guy said before and I wont do the quote thing cause I got a better memory than you. Someone was asigned to monitor not do research. either you cant remember or you cant find the quote. Please go find it and quote it!

So you have a better memory than me?

Oh I see, you know that do you?

Seems a little presumptious to me.

But anyway, that is petty.

So, onto your main point here. Monitor, research - whatever you want to call it....

Yes, absolutely, I do think that. It seems to be to be rather naive to think that companies do not do this.

Ski you make me angry cause in your own way all you do is insult people. You do it even more than Ocean does. So I give up you win. You are the one who starts the name calling I get too caught up and cant control myself.

Quote:
Ski you make me angry cause in your own way all you do is insult people. You do it even more than Ocean does. So I give up you win. You are the one who starts the name calling I get too caught up and cant control myself.
I apologise if you feel you have been insulted, I am not intending to insult and do not believe that I have.

I am simply trying to put a differing point of view across. In my previous mail I said "it seems to be to be rather naive" - emphasis on seems, from my point of view, that is how I feel.

As for "winning"....I do not see this as a winning or losing situation - this is supposed to be a discussion, is it not? The fact that my opinions differ from yours does not make it a competition.

And where is my name calling? I have been called far many more names than I have called out myself. Just take a look at the names, insults and sarcasm that I have been dealt in the last few days!!!

\:\)