went there yesterday, was going for two days but so icy and lacking in recent snow i saved myself the 4000. im not sure about the recent snow comment but the snow seemed to be man-made and by 12, the top had been shaved off and i was boarding on ice. Not impressed at all.

I had been told by several Japanese people it was a famous resort with quality terrain and took the trip because it was easily accessable from tokyo. it is easily accessable but the quality of terrain has nothing compared to Yuzawa or Hakuba. mad.gif

Almost certain my buddies and I will be there next Sunday, so maybe we can hook up Scooby. \:\) About the place, it is true a lot of its snow is man-made and the quality not too worthy if you`re comparing it with Hakuba`s stuff(or even some Gunma places). But it is fairy big with enough course variety and it has a pretty decent board park that even a not-so-skilled boarder like myself wouldn`t feel too embarassed to use. It does get quite crowded in Feb, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Scooby, you missed us by about a week. ;\) Hunter owes its popularity mainly to the close proximity to Tokyo. By Tohoku Highway which is a lot less congested than Kanetsu during peak season(right about now)it takes roughly 2.5hr if everything goes smoothly. But it is definitely more costly than going to Numata area...you`ve gotta pay for Gaikan Highway and a 620yen toll fee just for using the Momiji Line for about 10min right before getting to the resort. Can`t really get there by train unless you join a packaged same-day ski tour.

Oh Scooby, you missed us by about a week. ;\) Hunter owes its popularity mainly to the close proximity to Tokyo. By Tohoku Highway which is a lot less congested than Kanetsu during peak season(right about now)it takes roughly 2.5hr if everything goes smoothly. But it is definitely more costly than going to Numata area...you`ve gotta pay for Gaikan Highway and a 620yen toll fee just for using the Momiji Line for about 10min right before getting to the resort. Can`t really get there by train unless you join a packaged same-day ski tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it`s a popular destination for the Tokyo population, isn`t it? Hey Echineko, I hope you didn`t eat at that all-you-can-eat curry restaurant next to the board park...it was so AWEFUL! mad.gif My friends were still feeling sick the next day!