The instance I saw was a young adult really giving the patrol a hard time after being busted out of bounds. The shit that was coming out of this guys mouth. I curse and swear like an old sailor but man this kid was unbelievable. Totally disrespectful and had the patrol dude fuming.

Who the hell gives patrol a shit time for being busted? Its like trying to get out of a parking ticket by hurling Abu... actually that sometimes works (the movies lead me to believe). Isn't the appropriate thing to look a little sheepish, smile sweetly, apologise, admit you were being a bit sneaky, accept the mini lecture, promise not to do it again and hopefully get away so you can post a little cute story on the forums about almost being busted by ski patrol? ANd if you are busted, well its a fair cop innit.

Really sad to say this but from what I have been seeing this trip soon we are going to see a/multiple Aussies killed in the BC in Japan. :( :( :( No comprehension at all re the risks being taken (Im no expert but can see basic issues) and no prepraration and a LOT of arrogance. Sure 9/10 times it will be fine but these guys think having done the gates at Niseko or a season at Threadbo think they are Jeremy Jones (without the back pack). Not to mention their behaviour in the hotels and bars. Tried to help a guy tonight order drinks and got a sharp rebute "Ive got it MATE" when clearly he was struggling and I was just trying to help out the guy that owned the bar. I wish I could change my accent sometimes.

Really sad to say this but from what I have been seeing this trip soon we are going to see a/multiple Aussies killed in the BC in Japan. :( :( :( No comprehension at all re the risks being taken (Im no expert but can see basic issues) and no prepraration and a LOT of arrogance. Sure 9/10 times it will be fine but these guys think having done the gates at Niseko or a season at Threadbo think they are Jeremy Jones (without the back pack). Not to mention their behaviour in the hotels and bars. Tried to help a guy tonight order drinks and got a sharp rebute "Ive got it MATE" when clearly he was struggling and I was just trying to help out the guy that owned the bar. I wish I could change my accent sometimes.

It's shit when you find out that the tourist hordes from ur country are generally wanks.....I would HATE to hear what the Spanish at the Costas think of Brits

Well, the whole 'zoo animals' comment comes from a company in Hakuba that has posted several pictures of and comments of Japanese dudes and dudettes crashed out during lunch breaks with captions like 'count the number of Japs taking naps' and 'bit of lunch then into a good old JAP NAP'. I'm just so sick and ****ing tired of seeing shit like that that I actually think I want to fight someone who makes that kind of comment (and I'm a lover, not a fighter). I know some people think that is an over-reaction but for me this is mad disrespect for my family, friends and people I care about. That's not the end of it though... I've been reading and seeing a lot more shit like that recently.

Holy crap, that's appalling. Hard to even believe.

BM thats appalling!

I try and be as helpful as possible as others have been so nice to me although after an incident in the street just now I'm no longer stopping to help any male Australian under 40 no matter how much they are struggling. Arrrogant losers who think they are in Thredbo. You should have to do a course and pass it before coming here.

Edit: Now that I've chilled out a bit I have met MANY great poeple on my trips here now with a large chunk of them being Aussies. We are not all the same and the good ones out number the bad ones.

There are alot of bad ones though my plane ride over we were surrounded by about 6 loud young pissed Aussies (going to Niseko) who drank all night and threw up/ spilt drinks ( Ihad to tell the flight attendants going both ways to stop serving peopl alcohol).

I think on the whole we are pretty bad.

I am off to Bali in 4 weeks and the Aussies their don't make me proud to be Australian.

I agree Pete....Sunday I was skiing alone and got to talking with a group of foreigners while waiting in a lift line up. We made a few turns together but they were all stoked about getting off piste in an area that I ski often but know is not safe now. Earlier that morning I noticed some nasty deep cracks on the ridge and decided to steer clear. I told them but they went over the edge anyway and the only thing remotely BC were the rental fatty skis they were sporting. Really nice group of guys but man I just had to shake my head.