hi, i found a computer.

swizerland rocks.

STEEEEEEP. really steep. did my first triple black diamond today. I swear i was going to fall off the edge of the slope at any stage. I was coming down between the cliff faces and every time I turned I sent a pile of crust down the face. At one stage I has surrounded by falling crust. I did this run a few times, it felt like the stuff you see in videos!! (sorry, couldnt help that brag). Would have been screwed if i fell. would have tumbled all the way to the bottom. Cop this.... the face I was riding was 900 vertical meters. By the time I reached the bottom my legs couldnt support me. It wasnt powder so that made it tougher. Really hard wind-blowen crusty stuff. The powder is on the way later this week!

Also the runs are very long, but sometimes killer traverses. The cool thing is that you can ride ANYWHERE. I have been going f-ing NUTS!! Sorry to dribble on like this egotistical manner, but I can believe the stuff that i am riding! I feel like a freak. Something has happened, it has really just clicked. I am going to chill a bit soon as I am bound to come unstuck. Also with the coming heavy snowfall, things could get a little slab slide prone.

Yet to try the backflip, I will wait until later in the trip incase I hurt myself and only write off the last few days.

Eating heaps of sausage and cheese and chocolate.

More to follow when I am back in Japan, so long as me and my poor little board survive. I surfing talk, I think I am seriously undergunned.

db in suissu.

today i practiced going really fast on these big wide long groomers. really got some speed up, passing all on the path (even passing the person teaching me how to go really fast). Ended up having a monumental crash. didnt hurt but gave me a fright and created a cloud of snow like the shuttle re-entering the atmosphere (sp?). well, perhaps not, but i am told it was quite a sight. i wasnt the only one who crashed.

also had an off course run where i linked 21 uninterupted turns in 1 foot of powder, didnt cross one track and the same pitch the whole way down. another 50cms is forecast for the next few days, that deserves a smile face. \:D there.

i am back in japan, and that is all i have to say on that topic.

the snow quality was no better than japan, in all, excellent. It is the terrain that makes the difference. The vast collection of terrain was amazing. Japanese 'runs' are quite depressing in comparison.

I cant talk about it too much at the moment due to morbid depression. Suffice to say that for the last 9 days in a row (except for one morning) 80% of the lifts were shut due to any or all of the following: avalanche, high wind and always very poor visibility. In the first 5 days when the snow was average but blue skies I scoped out heaps of amazing areas to ride. The deep snow came and just got deeper..... i never got a chance to ride those places again (or to even take photos) due to day after agonising day of closed lifts. I spent the last 9 days doing a small collection of runs that may as well have been in japan and in almost zero visibility. It was just killing me. Every day slipped by and the weather just got worse. At least i had the blue sky at the beginning. I meet some people who arrived for their annual 7 day ski trip and got nothing but white out for the whole holiday.

5 trays of Prozac would not help me now.

Goodbye land of cheese, crusty bread and sausage. Hello land of rice, miso and seaweed.

Welcome back db!

Dont worry, i too am suffering depression after returning home. But heck, at least you have come home to winter in Japan with epic epic snow. Im in summer, pretty warm at the moment, but not as hot as i was last week by all accounts. Some areas recorded temps of 46 degrees celius. eek.gif MENTAL!!!