Just making some totally meaningless posts to enter the Giveaway.......

how cynical you are Kling Klang, I'm sure Louisatang will be back to fill us in with loads and loads of fantastical snow based nuggets of wisdom

;)

train leaves 9.36, hows it up in the yamas? Theres a light covering on the roads in chikuma and its looking like nice solid snow. Sit it out and wait to tomorrow or waste 5000 yen on transport fees/lunch?

was in the middle of writing a post around 9.30 saying id left it too late and wasnt going when i decided to put it into the hands of fate. If i could beat the train, id go. So flew about my house getting ready. Ran out the door, saw the barriers were down so skipped the bike and tried to run it and duck the barriers (naughty). Got there as the train started pulling away. I had two minutes before my train turned up! was about to duck them to the horror no doubt of the two people standing there and the 2 people in the cars, when i saw my train :( No chance. Came home, typed this. Decided to sit playing games all day instead. Have a good one on hakuba. :)

Yesterday was great at meihou in Gifu. Waste deep if not more. Heading back to Gifu today, hitting up Takasu SP. Lots of snow on the highway so probably a late start by the time I get there.

heard more than a few stories of people getting stuck.....1 was a guy who was riding behind this girl and saw her face plant in the deep stuff....she couldn't right herself but he was able to get across and help her out......would've went very bad for her if he hadn't have been there

At madarao. More to come once I pull my finger out my ass and put 400 yen into the only lockers they seem to have. I almost can't do it :(

Yeah Pete. I overheard a couple of skiers talking about it. On the adventure course there were bodies littered all over the place!! I just about went right over the ridge myself!! Heads popping up all over :D

Madarao: bit of a mixed bag leaning mostly positive. I can see why bm would like it though. Its a surprisingly tough hill despite the tiny vert and the massive central flattish area. Not sure if I honestly spent enough time at madarao itself to fully get to grips with it. Genuine first impression is its a fun little place with some serious lines, some godawful lifts, great tree riding, and just way more than you'd think to hit up.