conditions at Gala were pretty good today, what with the free refills and all, but I rode p.m. and a lot of trails were ¿closed? I'd imagine that that resort is pretty crowded on the regular anyway. Since most of the trails were closed and it was my first time there I was hesitant to venture too deep into the woods, or down the closed trails. So, I went to the park. It was just too crowded. I ended up seshing the little kicker and box for hours I guess. Prior to that I was in a pretty low mood. I've logged about a month on the snow so far this season, and 90% of those days I've been alone. Now I'm not such an introvert, but I have had the darnedest time getting people to come out. On the lift today I was reminiscing of my high school days when we would have crews of five to ten of us. Moving to a new place is always difficult, but with something obvious in common I would think I would have met more people to ride with. I have gone as far as to post on craigslist. to no avail. I'm nearly always by myself and it's getting boring. It's really killing the one thing in life I enjoy.

So after this long melancholy rant, I ask all members of this forum to please feel free to contact me with plans for the weekend. I'm willing to drive nearly anywhere if I can afford it. Thanks.

dude, i feel your pain. Ive had so many people bail on me this season. Theyre "definitely" coming in the february bank holiday though... :| If youre up nozawa way gimme a shout. If you havent been there youll have a blast. But i aint no park rat and if you have avi gear then ill take you down the best line on it (conditions notwithstanding).

Yep, I too can relate. I think being a skier is worse than boarding for finding people who match your own level, preference in terrain, and pace.

I ski about 95% of the time alone. 1 or 2 of the remaining percent is spent just teaching and humouring my wife and kid. The remaining percent is spent with people I have met at the skijo either skiing a line or riding the lift with....usually Japanese. I've had Japanese dudes intuitively latch on and turn a few laps with me once they know I can speak Japanese and am a better or equally talented skier and we are both skiing the same terrain. Usually they are expert skiers in their late 30's to mid 40's which coincides with my age and skill set.

Skier or boarder...I'll go with anyone and pretty much anywhere. There's usually a weekend warrior-ish thread for everyone's upcoming weekends plans. Post in those and maybe our schedules could match up... :thumbsup:

I hear ya. Well, forums are good for meeting people. I've met a bunch through this one. Staying at a backpackers place is another great way to hook up. I'm out solo a fair bit too. Don't want to head into those bigger areas alone, eh?

Am so jealous you've already had a month on the slopes, given that I've yet to venture out at all! :sadface: Jealousy aside, I'd be happy to hook up as and when I get out there, probably later in Feb if you're still looking for riding buddies then. :thumbsup:

cool thanks guys. I've been out 22 times so far this year. I started the last week of November. I will be going to 石内丸沼 again this sunday. This time I will be going with some people though.

I go to Niigata a lot, because it is close and most all the resorts are right off the highway. I'll be heading out 長野 way and def wanna check out Nozawa. Supposedly I won passes to some where out there?

Good to know there is a place on here to try and find people to hang out with. I should've looked around a little more first huh?

If I don't really know a place I'm a bit hesitant to venture out into the woods. Unless I'm following someone.

late february is great. I really want to go to 神立 for their 48 hours thing. I think it will be pretty rad to see the sun rise.

yeah actually I have to passes for Malnuma in Gunma, so I will be going there at some point during the season.

You live in Chiba? I'm up in Gunma and board alone way to often. If your in the area (Any of the Gunma resorts or Yuzawa) let me know.

I tried to PM you, but it said "user can not use the messaging system"