Snowboarding can die in a (impossible) fire. (January 12th weekend game on thread).

Busy day on nozawa as you'd expect. Still, it didn't prepare me for the phalanx at the main yamabiko lift. The snow up top however is perfect. Super light and fluffy. Temps re rising so I guess its going to be sticky later this afternoon. Morning train was heaving as well. I know I said earlier I'd avoid it, but turns out Im having a bit of a slack country day and thoroughly enjoying. Also something worth noting. There's a never summer tent here so might have a wee demo of the premier if they've got it in.

Just come back from Yuzawa Kogen.

Good morning.

Pity I couldn't stay longer as has been getting blue-r as the day moves on surprisingly cloudy first off.

Got to go out later this afternoon though so no choice in the matter.

Demoed the premier. Glowing review to come I reckons. Only got to take it down two runs of skyline but it felt like id been on it all season. Utterly dependable ride. Generally a great day all round to be honest. Stoke is back up and firing.

Dude, its sick as... loved the response in it. I won't pre write the review too much, but here's the summary so you can all skip the actual word count.

Cons: only one real disappointment, it felt a lot less damp than I thought it would. Both the zerker and high life kill it for dampening so I guess ride really have that one dialled in. It was damp of course, but I was maybe expecting to feel nothing underfoot like on the high life.

Second thing to mention is it is pretty heavy. Minor and trivial complaint though. Under foot it feels fine, just carrying it and on lifts it felt a bit weighty.

And now the pros:

Insane energy throughout the board. Had the bindings set all the way back and it still felt super energetic. Popping turns was awesome fun.

Edge hold is phenomenally good. Not bitey, nor was it loose. Just utterly solid and dependable. Vario works.

Edge to edge is Mega fast. Possibly fastest edge to edge of any deck I've ridden.

Thanks to r/c pressing it was effortless. Of course you ain't pressing it so much, its a stiff ass plank at the end of the day, but pseudo pressing is effortless and makes it feel a little playful.

Pop in turns was great, at speed you could get a decent load on it, but otherwise not all that snappy. As I say though, setback turns are springy as hell.

Planes in powder effortlessly. Shift your weight slightly over the back insert and you're floating.

Conclusion:

Brilliant board for carving. It really rips on somewhere like skyline. Even on crud you'll stay on your line. Its also got great potential for tree riding and decent pow surrogacy. I really want to see it in the trees but obviously its a demo and its not mine to trash so was good and stuck to the groomers. but it nukes the hell out of groomers. Its definitely the type of deck you just need a nice steep line to let it run and do its thing.

Easily impressed me with only 2 runs. Felt flawless, dependable and above all (and what really marked it out) super energetic and lively. I was so impressed that I told the dude I'd buy it off him in Feb when they sell the ex-demo stuff. So much for a two board quiver. Its gonna be tough deciding between the zerker and the premier for My go to.

5-10cms out there right now in chikuma. It takes a fair bit of snow for it to reach down our end, so today i can only assume it was throwing up on the yamas around nagano. Looks like a fun day. :)

Toyono on the train update... oddly enough it looks slightly less than we got down our end. Just looking at cars, roofs and railings as my guide, it seems they're just starting. Barely 5cms out there. I'll update a bit further up the line :)

Iiyama update: still not as much a you'd have thought. Totally white, but I honestly thought wed be looking at a couple of feet out there from the amount we got in chikuma. Probably looking at twenty cms on most of the resort and thirty up top. But weather has it going all day, so maybe a good day for people still on the mountain tomorrow :)

Odd day today, never quite got into it. Took two runs Down tanuki, grabbed lunch, took the line down ushikubi, then challenge, then called it a day.

Snow was alright, but light was flat so really hard to see the bumps which meant I couldn't really let go and bomb it. Add to that my eg2s finally giving up the ghost and dying (fogging between lenses so seal is broken somewhere) and then a mysterious snapping of my toe clip and it was just one of those days... stoke back down a couple of levels from Saturday. Its so annoying because I was actually going to bring my splices as well... but flat light, plus hard pack, plus a few inches of cover, plus no depth perception thanks to one perma foggy eye meant the day was over before it even started. Euphoric one day, miserable the next... I might just be bipolar. Gives me an excuse though to pick up a flat light lense...