Has anyone been up recently? I'm planning on a trip this Thurs or Fri and would go to Gala as its so convenient but only if the South side was fully open. If not I reckon I'll be at Kagura

If I remember correctly, yes

This is the south area as seen from Yuzawa Kogen

gallery_6744_133_328672.jpg

The top run goes along the top of the mountain from right to left - cant see it here, it is behind - then comes down to left of this photo. From what I remember that, and the middle bits you can see here, are left ungroomed.

Though I'm pretty sure I have been when more was left natural, though perhaps it was just in a bad state that day later on. Can't quite remember.

• Like 1

I don't think I'll go to Gala if the whole of the South side isn't open......I don't really like the other parts. I may just have to head to kagura...think I'll be going Friday as well

bugger......the mark up for Kagura is 14,100¥!! Not going tomorrow, think I'll just wait. Was toying with Gala but then they don't even have that small Bronco course open in the South area.....why the bloody hell not??!! Wish I could find out their reasoning for having that and the top run closed. bugger

• SnowJapan Admin

TB, I think Andrew is going to be meeting with someone at Gala in the next few days, will ask him to ask the question and see if we can get a proper answer on that one!

I'd like to know myself.

:)

• SnowJapan Admin

We can but try. Not saying the answer will be totally clear cut! ;)

Snow looks likely to continue tomorrow too - so might be 'bad' (or 'good' conditions) depending on how you look at it.

50cm of snow from now till 9am.

Saturday clearer.

Will post an update to Yuzawa Now soon.

yeah, the report does look snowy, my thinking though is that its meant to be clear on sat with only a dusting of new on sunday, so Monday (when I can next go) may be all chopped and bumpy......crowds would be almost nil though as most people are back at work.....Monday might be the answer.

We can but try. Not saying the answer will be totally clear cut! ;)

Of course, but it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been here recently? Is the Southern area open?

I'm going next Tuesday, first day going somewhere skiing in Japan by myself, (ie no walking translator aka wonderful wife). Hopefully it will be fun.

I was at Yuzawa Kogen over the weekend and took the photos on this thread of Gala South Area

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/21316-gala-yuzawa-south-area-close-up/

It is open, or was part open. They say now that only part of the 360man $ course is closed, so sounds like the snow yesterday has opened it more.