• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone ever had a curry in India.

What's it like then?

I've been to India a number of times and really enjoyed the amazing amount of curries you can get there, but to be honest the best curries are outside of India. Why, I think it's because the base ingredents are of better quality.

The best curries (other than the chiken Tikka I mentioned earlier) in my opinion are to be found in London. Better meat, chicken, with the same spices.

I've always wanted to go to India but I've pretty much given up on the idea as I'm sure I would just end up in the hotel puking from both ends. I've been to Thailand four times and not once have I had a puke free trip. Ironically though the numerous times to Mexico and two weeks in Cambodia were fine....go figure.

You shou

I've been to Thailand four times and not once have I had a puke free trip. Ironically though the numerous times to Mexico and two weeks in Cambodia were fine....go figure.

You shouldn't drink 20 pints each night, Chriselle!

I've always wanted to go to India but I've pretty much given up on the idea as I'm sure I would just end up in the hotel puking from both ends. I've been to Thailand four times and not once have I had a puke free trip. Ironically though the numerous times to Mexico and two weeks in Cambodia were fine....go figure.

I've been to India 6 times, and never once made it though a stay without getting the trotts. But it only lasts a day or so, and as I was always there for an extended period a couple of days by the toilet didn't ruin the trip.

However the worst case I got was actually in Nepal, ended up at the medical clinic, Doctor though it was great. I maxed out every test they had, and dr was able to keep a heap of samples. A couple of pills and I was right as rain, although a couple of kgs lighter for a day or so. (Great food in Nepal, even better beer)

After being in India for a few months some of the more western foods in Nepal often made me let my guard down a bit, so I sometimes ate things and at places I would have avoided in India. Hence the trotts (Disclaimer, all my visits to the Indian sub contient took place in late eighties, early nineties. I have been told the places have changed remarkably since)

Never actually had a vindaloo. Tempted though out of curiousity.

I once had a curry though, can't remember the name, that was just too hot.

There was no real taste to it, other than 'hot'.

I was just putting 'hot' into my mouth.

Didn't enjoy it.

I like a good bhuna.

apparently an authentic vindaloo isn't that hot, it was the British slant on it that made it so. Originally the curry came from Portugal, the East Indians amended it to suit their tastes and ingredients, then the British decided it should be used as a test of manhood and turned the volume up on the chillies