I am gonna buy a fish or a cheetah for riding powder. Should I get stiff/responsive bindings, e.g. the Diode, or softer ones, e.g. the malavita, for them? Or sth in between like the Cartel?

I enjoy more speed and stability, and I am somewhere between an intermediate and an advanced.

and i need the EST bindings instead of the ReFlex ones, rite?

I use the Cartels on my supermodel, and I have found them to be very good. For powder, I don't think you need super stiff bindings really, but I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

I use the Cartels on my supermodel, and I have found them to be very good. For powder, I don't think you need super stiff bindings really, but I think a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

I have the Cartels as well (mostly bolted to an Arbor Element), can't fault them.

Ippy, where are you? I need some reading material, and I was hoping that it might be a 3000 word essay on why I should buy no-back bindings (or whatever the latest bindings craze is) :D

i dont do bindings dude. First real bindings i picked up were forces. Didnt feel a need to switch out so my opinion advising other people on bindings is 100% irrelevant.

Actually you could make the same case for boards, but i researched the shit out of them. :p

ETA: i did ride contacts for a day. Kinda loved them. Felt really malleable and giving compared to my forces. Didnt feel so locked in. Its probably for this reason im picking up the wswitchbacks/nobacks. Ill get back to you when ive had a few days on them.

ETA2: i should add that the forces have true fit tech from 2012 on, which means they fit teh channel system. Still, if i was specifically picking a burton board and wanted those, i might as well just pick up the cartels.