Anybody else getting into their pre-season routines yet? What works for you? I'm slowly making the transition from surfing workouts to snowboarding workouts. I find that the best exercises that work for me are doing lunges and squats (and the overhead kettlebell swing!)... and a healthy amount of jogging and cycling in the mix as well.

Just been doing quite a lot of weights including squats and deadlifts, barbell stuff but Im gonna start to include more cardio, jogging and so on before the season starts. I've been doing some kettlebell swings too, but not the overhead ones. I'll give that a go but we only have 10kg kettlebells which I think might be a bit light for me or 25 kg which I think might be a bit heavy.

this year I focused on cardio, pretty much since spring. So, cardio for six days a week,this has included long walking sessions (about 20Km) with 12Kg backback, similar to what I might carry when boot packing . Slackline in the local park for perhaps 2 hours a week for balance. Cut out nearly all alcohol and only rarely have shit unhealthy fast food.

After speaking to a guy I was riding with early this year as my feet and legs really hurt.

He said he rides his skateboard alot so I have bought a big skateboard and have been cruising up the coast and skating up hills.

And the normal running, riding and wii

Seemore

Absolutely nothing. :shifty:

You've been riding your bike lots though, which means you just have to get with the lingo.

I've been focused on cycling-based anaerobic cross-training.

or something like that. Throw in some "performance" and "goals" type words as well if you can. ;)

We harvested our rice the other day. We cut it by hand so that involves lots of squatting and bending down. I could barely move the next day!

10515152.jpg

Going to learn surfing (used to live 1km from the beach but never took it up),

Started long board skateboarding again, which I haven't done since I tore my knee cartilege a couple of years back.

And generally just riding and playing soccer more. Seems to work every other time.

Not a lot, just generally working around the house/garden/olive grove at weekends and sitting in the car/office for work during the week.

Anything much more than that is ... as said before ... not fun and to be avoided. (Except the beer and sex thing - I can get right into those training routines! :happyshades:

my training routine involves skiing for about a week until my legs dont hurt so much any more.

By which time it is (far me) time to go home again! Damned bosses who expect me to turn up at work before they'll pay me salary! :D