Ruroc Helmets and other options for glasses

My girl is getting into the backcountry bit. She wear glasses. One of the options is the Ruroc helmet:

helmet-triple-600x266.jpg

Anybody got one? I wonder how bad condensation will get when you are moving slow trying to dig yourseld out of a tree well.

For those who wear glasses, what other options are there?

I am looking at getting this for baby bear cub for his competitions in feb.

He is a glasses wearer and bad at using a face mask, so ends up with a bit of frostbite.

We saw the white one with black goggles in use in Thredbo this season - looked like a stormtrooper. They guy wearing it LOVED it, and bearcub did the WANT reaction.

You have reminded me to order...

I don't think she's gonna be jumping on the deep end from the get go, for example the nice fluffy stuff I was flying through on my avatar picture :D

Most of the time January and February in Hakkoda is a perpetual blizzard. I don't think mom will be all that happy if she comes back with frostbite all over her face. My number one concern is how bad this thing would fog when you have to stop and dig yourself out of a hole.

My skiing partner Ian M had one. And sent it back.

It may be perfect for Thredbo, but for the powder of Hokkaido survey says NO!

It kept filling up with pow.

Good info Mike.

The chin piece is removable. Did your mate ever try it with the chin piece removed for powder?

I would assume it is the same as every other helmet/goggle combo when removed.

My skiing partner Ian M had one. And sent it back.

It may be perfect for Thredbo, but for the powder of Hokkaido survey says NO!

It kept filling up with pow.

Good info Mike.

The chin piece is removable. Did your mate ever try it with the chin piece removed for powder?

I would assume it is the same as every other helmet/goggle combo when removed.

I found them because I was looking for a helmet/visor combo. I imagine that without the face mask that it should still work as such and in fact a tad better, considering that it seals around your cheeks better than an open visor.

Then again if you go face first in powder you'll probably will end up with snow up to your scalp. Like everything else in life it is a compromise.