T'was hot and humid down in Kanagawa today and I'm sat here now sweating like the proverbial pig! Which got me thinking about the hordes of salarymen who wear white vests under their shirts. What's the deal with that?? :confused:

To me, it seems that an extra layer of clothing is going to make me hotter, even if it's breathable. The only benefits I can see are that it stops people from seeing your damp, sweaty armpits when you lift up your arms and stops said armpits from becoming stained by sweat and/or deodorant!! Incidentally, if anyone knows a fullproof way of removing armpit stains then could you please let me know before I ruin any more shirts!! Roll on the winter!! :D

Not cooler, and not really drier either coz still sweating like someone who is sweating a tremendous amount.

Let's face it though when it's 30+ and humid, you're going to be horribly hot whatever.

It's just a bit less..... embarrassing, I suppose.

When I first came here, I wondered why they wore those.

This was before it got really hot - and then I realised.

I am very jealous if you only sweat under the arms Mick! I have it pouring down my whole upper body within a few mins out being out!

T-shirt under shirt is a necessity!

Yeah yesterday was hot......I didn't care so much cos I was at the beach for most of the day :p You def feel more comfortable if u wear an under t-shirt...those 500¥ ones from Uni Qlo are good. I usually wear a polo shirt to work them change when I get there, although I only need to worry about this until Thursday and then I'm off until September :D

Took my last week off from work to go on honeymoon........meant to finish on the 19th....still good tho. I'd be devastated if I had to go back to a real job

although I only need to worry about this until Thursday and then I'm off until September :D

That's just ridiculous and should not be allowed.

(Only jealous).

Agreed!! Both Tubby and Black Mountain need to be shot with a ball of their own $hit.... :( :wave:

although I only need to worry about this until Thursday and then I'm off until September :D

That's just ridiculous and should not be allowed.

(Only jealous).

Agreed!! Both Tubby and Black Mountain need to be shot with a ball of their own $hit.... :( :wave:

:p

Yes, I change my white undershirts a couple times a day. It hasn't been all that bad this year....this rest of this week is forecasting slightly cooler than average...yippy.

I like the menthol talc for dudes and a good clinical deodorant is good, too. There are quite a few Japanese who could benefit from a deodorant stick....

Isn't your shirt completely wet after a short while?

Nah, I make sure I'm never too far from an aircon unit!! Tbh my biggest problem is ruining my shirts with armpit stains so for that reason if nothing else, I may have to conform! :(