• SnowJapan Admin

OK, I am still new to the whole Facebook and find it rather confusing. (Or do I mean annoying?!)

Tried to post a status update this morning to our page:

http://www.facebook.com/SnowJapanWeb

Strange thing is, while one or two people seem to have "liked" it, I simply can't see it. And I think I might have multiple posted it as well because it isn't showing up.

I can't see it either when I am logged in, or looking from another computer. So wondering, who can see it and why I can't see it? Any ideas?

Can facebook people please take a look above and let me know.

Can you see it?

Can you only see if it if you have "Liked" our page?

Thank you!

:)

Occassionally when I post something it wont show up on the 'Home' page, but it will show up on my profile page. Try checking your page to see if it's there.

Edit: Just looked at your page, you have the new 'Timeline' profile. I haven't used that yet, I prefer the old view rather than the myspace-ish new look. Try what I mentioned but not sure if it will work since its the timeline.

Ganbatte!

edit pt. 2: I see you've learned how to link your twitter posts to facebook, well done ;)

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks norcal.

I don't even really know what you mean by "Profile page", and can't find a link to it (or that last message) up there.

Just. Annoying.

FYI, the last post should start with "And welcome to April. Can you believe it?"

Just checked.

I am another one refusing to adopt Timeline until I absolutely have to, I can not see ANY advantage to it at all. No one seems to like it.

11 March is the most recent post I can see, liked or unliked.

Sorry, can't help.

• SnowJapan Admin

No worries Mamabear.

:)

Didn't really know much about 'Timeline' or 'no Timeline', the button was just clicked and voila.

You know, I really don't want to be an expert at Facebook, I just simply want my/our posts to appear if I post them, that's all.

Any more feedback most welcome.

Seems it might be a 1st of the month bug??

"Whenever we get to the 1st of the month, Facebook Timeline stops updating for a while. This happened on October 1, and it’s happening again on November 1. My Timeline’s been stuck on the last post of October 31 for a while."

?

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks.

I think we'll leave it for now and come back to it next time.

Someone has 'unliked' us (if that's what you call it) so don't want to keep on posting stuff that will annoy people!

:lol:

If your latest post is this:

SnowJapan (Really sorry if some multiple posts are getting posted today - trying to work out why our post is not appearing on our page. My apologies!)

Then yes, I can.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks.

How odd.

Yes that was the last post. And the one(s) before that were the ones I was trying to post starting with "And welcome to April. Can you believe it?"

Last one I'm seeing is "In a few moments..." from March 11th, as Mamabear said.

I know people have it on their page or whatever terminology is used, but not actually on our page.

And I have tried 4 machines here and can not see it.

Can't even find them to delete them.

Anyway, I'm definitely going to leave it for now as it's just really frustrating me.

Didn't I read somewhere that the Timeline thing was mandatory as of this weekend?
They have been threatening that for a while, but unless they change me over by force, I ain't going!!! LOL

Still 11th of March post is the most recent for me, but the other posts did appear on my news feed... So I suspect it IS a Timeline first free month glitch. Let's see what is there tomorrow.

• SnowJapan Admin

OK looks like it is ok now.

That 1st of the month bug perhaps?

Anyway, apologies for the multiple postings the other day.

Will try to remember avoiding the 1st next time!

:friend:

• 2 weeks later...