For the past few years in March/April I've had hayfever pretty bad so I've just started getting the injections from the Doctor. A total of 10 (big!!) injections in the arm over the next couple of weeks which I hope will help.

Has anybody had any experience good/bad with the hayfever injections here in Japan?

It's a total of 10 shots with one shot every 2~3 days. The syringe is about as big as a can of Red Bull so takes a couple of minutes to inject the solution.

I guess insurance pays a portion as they took my details from my card and in total it will cost ¥5000, which if it works will be well worth it considering the amount I spent on drugs and tissues last year.

Never had hayfever till about 4 seasons ago and have no other type of allergies that I'm aware of so I now feel sorry for others that have it far worse than me.

I never thought it could be so bad till I experienced it myself.

Is the timing for that injection course round about now, before hayfever starts?

Funny how people suddenly start getting hayfever, and some just as fast suddenly stop being affected by it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

10 needles seems drastic

I get hayfever around this time in Queensland when the humidity dissapears.

Usually one Telfast (brand name) antihistamine every couple of days gives relief.

10 needles seems drastic

I get hayfever around this time in Queensland when the humidity dissapears.

Usually one Telfast (brand name) antihistamine every couple of days gives relief.

I was like that before I came here.

Recently not really affected me at all though. Fingers crossed!