Does anybody know where I can find a shop in Tokyo that sells gopros and mounts?

I never saw any on sale in any shops - I ordered mine from Yahoo Auction. You will almost certainly get them cheaper there than you would in the shops and there are also a selection of mounts, spare batteries and so on on there.

The main problem you have with yahoo auction is that you have to set up an account and to bid over 5000 yen, you have to join their premium service for which you have to pay about 360 yen a month - this is OK if you use it a lot like I do. Also, most things you have to either pay by bank transfer or yahoo's "Kantan Kessai" service - both of which you have to pay a small fee for, and I cant actually get Kantan Kessai to work with my credit card as my name isn't Japanese (!).

Amazon.co.jp is also a good option and usually has free postage and you can just pay directly with your credit card with no charge, so it often beats Yahoo Auction for this reason. Also google.co.jp and go to the shopping section.

Probably outdoor edition would be best for skiing/snowboarding. It comes with a head strap attachment which I trust more than the 3m sticky helmet mounts - also you can use this in combination with the included 3-way pivot arm to film yourself from the helmet. The motorsports edition is also OK as it comes with a selection of helmet mounts. I think the surf one is no good - just comes with a couple of surf board mounts. None of them come with a mount suitable for attaching to a pole though - I bodged one from one of the helmet mounts and an old bike light attachment. I also bodged a chest mount from the thing in the box that the camera comes attached to and some straps from the DIY store. The actual chest mount is an insane 6000 yen!

Handlebar would work too, I just bought the roll cage one because I have a race car, it worked well. Toss a coin there just dont go with helmet cam cause there is no comparison, get a stick.

Well done at least you found one couldn't get one in Perth before I left.

Sydney airport was sold out.

The Japanese at Tokyo airport looked at me like I was a weirdo.

So I bought a monopod and attachyed my vid but the angle is not wide enough so no good.

Seemore