A boy was dramatically rescued by strangers after sliding out of a chair lift on a ski slope and left dangling 25 feet in the air.

He was spotted gripping on to his father's hand below the chair at 2.45pm on Sunday and a crowd quickly gathered to try to catch him.

The ski lift at the Hidden Valley Ski & Snowboard Area was suspended during the rescue in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin.

article-2094864-118D06F6000005DC-336_634x681.jpg

article-2094864-118D06FA000005DC-342_634x908.jpg

article-2094864-118D06FE000005DC-749_634x678.jpg

article-2094864-118D0702000005DC-950_634x527.jpg

When I'm riding the lift with my daughter on a lift without a safety bar ....like skyline at Happo...I lock her in with one of my poles across her lap, hooking it in to the side hand bar. Works well.

Very clumsy rescue effort without thinking about personal safety. And no particular person in charge.

SEE that thing rapped around the tower ? That´s a cushion. What´s it for ? year, right ...

You can cut that off and put it underneath but so many heads doesn´t make them bright .

Very clumsy rescue effort without thinking about personal safety. And no particular person in charge.

SEE that thing rapped around the tower ? That´s a cushion. What´s it for ? year, right ...

You can cut that off and put it underneath but so many heads doesn´t make them bright .

That's a hay bale Jynxx....that isn't going to do shit except get in the way. No one has a pack on them....thus no knife. What they did was the only thing they could have done. Personal safety...?....Sometimes you just have to step up.

I saw this same thing at Glenshee in Scotland January 2011. Only thing was the snow cover was ropey, boulders and rocks sticking through and there was no one to catch him.....he fell a good 20-25 feet and lay in a heap until the patrol finally got to him......dunno how he fared but I reckon a broken ankle would not have been unexpected

That's a hay bale Jynxx....that isn't going to do shit except get in the way. No one has a pack on them....thus no knife. What they did was the only thing they could have done. Personal safety...?....Sometimes you just have to step up.

Haybale is fine. Better than hard pack.

Kids take falls well. It´s not that high. Just drop him on it.

:lol:

....but seriously I remember when I was that age, I used to jump off all sorts of things. (Very well known at the local hospital )

I would have hated being caught, reason, I wouldn´t trust them. They could dislocate my shoulder if an arm when into my arm pit.

I can bounce off and land in a strange position. I was perfectly dropping straight ...

Stupid grown ups. They think they know best. dum dums

Oh the fun that kids bring us.

Glad it worked out alright, but yeah I'd be concerned about getting whacked with the skis. Helmet on and Goggs down thank you.

I had an incident at Thredbo last year with a milo kid (for those who don't know what that means, it s a ski school kiddy with a vest on that identifies them, that is sponsored by Milo.)

Asked to take her up with me, I said no problem. She was about 4. Safety bar is great, but this little lass could've slipped under the bar easily, her toosh did not have a lot of traction on the seat! So mothers instinct kicked in and I griped her Milo vest at the back in such a way as she was unaware I had hold of her, and my mind was at ease.

As we approach the terminus I asked her if she needed me to lift her off the lift, or if she could jump down by herself (she was THAT tiny!). She said "I can do it by myself, I know how to do it"...

Bar is lifted, and just before we get above the flat she launches herself off the lift....too early! The way this lift goes there is a quite considerable and steep incline where she would have landed, first getting hit by the lift as she fell and then sliding backward off piste over rocky terrain.

Luckily I still had her milo vest, so even though her butt went off the seat she did not drop, and as soon as my right hand felt movement my left swung around under her armpit and held her flying into the right position to sail away safely in the get off zone.

It's a pretty big responsibility taking a small child on a chairlift.