You're going into Sapporo and then going to come back out to Chitose the next day? Where are you headed that you'd come back to Chitose? I've never looked but I'd assume you'd find a locker big enough. Japan is pretty good for lockers at transport hubs.

You're going into Sapporo and then going to come back out to Chitose the next day? Where are you headed that you'd come back to Chitose? I've never looked but I'd assume you'd find a locker big enough. Japan is pretty good for lockers at transport hubs.

They do call new chitose airport sapporo at a lot of places, I am sure he will be staying near the airport somewhere and just wants to dump his board bag. I was at new chitose yesterday and there was a shop that will hold your bags. When you head out of the baggage pick up area head hard left and walk about 100m max and its on your left. I do not know the name but they have a funny logo which caught my eye, its 2 cats, a big one with a smaller one underneath lol. The guys wear a funny green over coat, you cant miss them.

The bus returns from Rusutsu to the airport so I was going to dump my gear and then go spend the day and night in Sapporo and see the ice festival then leave in the morning back to the airport.

I found some lockers on the airport website but couldn't really understand if they were big enough and they cost 800jpy per 12hours.

Seemore

Hi Pete

Yes thought about that but wanted to see the Ice festival at night and thought it would be easier to stay in Sapporo.

Hindsight is a great thing as the hotel is booked and payed for.

Seemore

Hi Pete

Yes thought about that but wanted to see the Ice festival at night and thought it would be easier to stay in Sapporo.

Hindsight is a great thing as the hotel is booked and payed for.

Seemore

That does not mean you have to twist yourself in knots just to be there.

I'd be tempted to book a room at the airport hotel, dump my bags in there and freshen up, then head into Sapporo catch what I wish of the Ice Festival knowing I had both options for the night available to me. Having a ball in Sapporo, then crash in the prepaid hotel there. Done and getting bored...then head back to Sapporo. Either way, when you do head back you have a spot to freshen up before your flight and collect your bags from.

It is not the budget option. I know. But if it were not for paying for two accomodations on a few nights I would have missed half the fun stuff on our trip.

Seemore, in the international departures area there is a place with a green circle and a cat as the logo that stores luggage, not 100% on the pricing - I saw a sign saying 800 yen per bag for the day, but did not see an overnight price. There was also one of these places in the arrivals area of the domestic airport.

Domestic side is 1000yen per case overnight.

I have my ski bag there right now, will be picking up tomorrow afternoon.

Big delays getting on the ground today. Matched by the train delays. The crabs in Sapporo made up for it though.

That sniffer Labrador got a few today. Some had to strip down to socks. Others into the back room. Watch out for the mutt.

Just out f curiosity ...what is the mutt trained to detect? Drugs?

Our sniffer dogs in Perth are looking for the really evil stuff like apples and oranges and the sneaky durian smuggler.

Glad you got your King Crab! They sure are impressive, but I have never slowed down enough through the airport to get it, always in a big hurry to get on snow. I might pick up a few for dinner on the way through this time...

Yummy Crabs

1st night will be picking out at the hotel buffet.

for some reason I was think that the lockers were going to cost $100AU but it is only $10AU.

Thanks everyone.

Seemore

That sniffer Labrador got a few today. Some had to strip down to socks. Others into the back room. Watch out for the mutt.

Just out f curiosity ...what is the mutt trained to detect? Drugs?

Our sniffer dogs in Perth are looking for the really evil stuff like apples and oranges and the sneaky durian smuggler.

Glad you got your King Crab! They sure are impressive, but I have never slowed down enough through the airport to get it, always in a big hurry to get on snow. I might pick up a few for dinner on the way through this time...

he didn't say he got King Crab....just Crabs.....a night out in the bordellos of Susukino was it A.Tafkat? ;)