Hi Everyone

Still can't decide where to go in February would like to go everywhere but am lured back to Rusutsu with a few day trips arounf Hokaido and I am traveling on my own.

I can get acoomodation in the lodge their for 14800JPY including breakfast and pass basic accomodation with plastic ensuite.

How does that compare to other resorts, I do like the idea of access to the baths and hotel facilities but was wondering how it compares/ is it a good deal?

Cheers Seemore

Do you want to rough it in some dorm or stay in a classier establishment?

What are you looking for?

There are places on Honshu that have dorms for 3k a night or more expensive places with dinner and breakfast with onsens for 8k.

Do you want to rough it in some dorm or stay in a classier establishment?

What are you looking for?

There are places on Honshu that have dorms for 3k a night or more expensive places with dinner and breakfast with onsens for 8k.

Inawashiro has an interesting-looking deal: 6500 yen for one night's stay, two meals, and a lift ticket. BUT they won't tell you where you are staying until check-in day. (Details at the "Black Box" link on their home page.)

Yeah not to keen on dorms and like my own ensuite.

Call me posh but spent many years backpacking and listening to other people snoring, farting other strange noises in the night.

Seemore

No offence meant here, have you taken a look at the places on the snowjapan places to stay list and emailed some places off there?

Whenever I have tried to book somewhere in the past, that is my first place to look before asking here. Most of the places speak some English, especially in Hakuba/Yuzawa/Zap areas, and tend to offer package deals.

Moroever, the places I have stayed at, every time, they have offered half price,or cheaper than usual, lift tickets. They tend to advertise on the sj site or I end up emailing them.

Hotel Yuzawa Yuzawa in Yuzawa funnily enough, was about 6k and then they had lift passes for about 2.5k.

Cheers Pete it worked out more expensive but tahnks for the tip.

Cheers Man in Japan I have never had any luck contacting anyone through the SJ accomodation they never get back to me.

I would prefer to stay in Hokkaido works better with flights and Ice festival.

Seenore

• SnowJapan Admin

Thank you Rob

I have never had any luck contacting anyone through the SJ accomodation they never get back to me.

I find that to be a very strange situation if you have tried to contact many and none of them have got back to you.

Did you use the form?

Did you try to contact them directly using the email address that is displayed on the page.

Have you written a correct email address?

I cannot think of one reason why they would not respond to you and I would not want other people to read this and think that they do respond.

There's a form on the page, their website address is displayed, an direct email address is displayed, and their telephone number is shown.....

They are not listed there just for fun - they want you to go and stay with them!

In an effort to find out more about this can you please email me the names of the places that you have tried to contact who did not respond to you and I'll see what they say.

Thanks

Hi David

No problems if you don't want people to see it take it off it doesn't phase me.

I will get you the 2 I contacted last year and the others were in previous years.

I could be doing something wrong though.

How do I contact you directly?

Seemore

• SnowJapan Admin

I didn't mean it like that. I was simply pointing out that there is absolutely no reason why an accommodation listed on our site would not contact you.

Lots of people read this. If I don't respond to your comment, people reading this might think that for some strange reason the places on there generally do not respond -- which I am very confident is not the case. And that does not help us.

You know, it would really help us a lot as well if people contacted us when something happens so that we could check on things. If we are not told of 'issues', we can't check (and fix things if anything needs to be fixed). While there is nothing to 'fix' in this instance, generally we would like to hear about any issues people have trying to do things on the site.

You can either use the Contact form top right or email me at editor@snowjapan.com

If you send me that I will check our records and I will also contact them.

Thanks.

Works just fine.

Having said that, there's not really anything to go wrong is there - contact info is contact info!

You must have either offended them with your requests for 80% off or used your wrong email address or something else :doh: