Well I gave it a whirl with my Cartels at Hakkoda. Love love love the BTX technology. The conditions weren't ideal today ( no new snow this week) but the powder I did find never once swallowed the nose. The catch-free design they tout is no gimmick. very happy I went now.

Never Summer are the best boards for slightly bigger, heavier dudes. They are built tuff in Summit County Colorado and will last you a good few seasons of abusive riding! Burton boards are for gapers ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the maiden voyage for the NeverSummer Legacy & Rome Targa bindings. Right off the lift it handled great, I don't know exactly HOW the 'cant' system works on the Targas, but I left it at 3.5 (what was on when I got them) and it felt better than my old bindings. My feet didn't get sore at all, and didn't feel as fatigued while riding. These were lighter and more responsive as well. The straps were great, thick padding for the ankle strap & didn't even notice the toe strap. You can adjust the straps on-the-go with the lever/lock on the opposite side of the rachet. This makes it easy to change the position of your straps anywhere on the mountain, which I did a few times today trying to get it set at the right spot. I'm not sure what else to say about the bindings...there's so much more they can do, I probably only tapped into about 25% of the bindings potential today.

Onto the board....wow. A bit wider than my other board, and does not catch as much. (But I believe my other board is more for powder) Much easier to turn, handles great on groomers & decent on powder. Today at Naeba it was mainly groomers/packed snow, and the board cruised right over it, no problem (aside from the noob riding it, lol). I managed to duck a few ropes and find some powder and it would do well until I sunk the nose. The bindings need to be set back a bit more for the powder, then I think it would do great. A bit lighter though (than my Burton), so I think I need to lean back with this one more to keep the nose up.

Once I put a better wax on it & get in some good conditions I'll put up another review. (Hopefully a bit better than this one, lol, not the best at reviews) Basically though this seems like it's going to be a good setup, and I look forward to many trips down the mountain with it.

dunno what my stance distance is but the fact I didn't have my bindings set back as far as they can go definitely hampered me in the deep stuff on Tuesday.....my nose always was wanting to take a dive and I got uber thigh burn trying to counteract it. I should've moved them but for some reason I left them as is
Nose diving is indeed a misery, I have struggled with that on the powder days this trip. Made me really want to go rocker!
Well I gave it a whirl with my Cartels at Hakkoda. Love love love the BTX technology. The conditions weren't ideal today ( no new snow this week) but the powder I did find never once swallowed the nose. The catch-free design they tout is no gimmick. very happy I went now.
Interesting. I often wonder if all this tech actually makes such a difference or not. Until now I have been on bog standard camber boards, but MUST buy a new board very soon....this old girl has seen a few campaigns.

Memphis Hawk got himself a 180 Birdman. That will float anyone regardless of new tech !

I wish I had size 10 feet, there would be a lot of boards I can choose ...

Anyway,

Mamabear, check out Atomic Banger .

I am thinking of buying my missus one. ;) :thumbsup:

Don´t get last years model. they are wider than this years model

dunno what my stance distance is but the fact I didn't have my bindings set back as far as they can go definitely hampered me in the deep stuff on Tuesday.....my nose always was wanting to take a dive and I got uber thigh burn trying to counteract it. I should've moved them but for some reason I left them as is
Nose diving is indeed a misery, I have struggled with that on the powder days this trip. Made me really want to go rocker!

the annoying thing is that my old board was set up for most of the season with the bindings in the back......floated easy and the nose and back leg burn wasn't really a problem but this new one i set up centred just to see if the TBT helps in any way but it doesn't really unless my weight is more to the back....slight adjustment for next day out (if the pow pow Gods are kind :) )

I´m really struggling when the snow is not so light and its cruddy and bumpy from lots of tracks. If it´s light powder, no problems, it just blasts through.

When there are still lots of people around, you can´t go too fast and try and blast through heavier crud... you can´t point it straight down so the board side picks up those bumps. My legs get worked out in these situation.

Last time we went was like this. Trying to find a consistant surface, straighter lines, when there is no one below. Someone cuts you in front and you change course, and screw up the rhyth, can´t find a good surface, ... you gotta stop before losing control and slamming into someone.

In that situation, having a shorter (or narrower) board would have been easier.

I also wonder if your board have a lot of rocker in between the bindings it would be more bumpy in those condition cos your board will go over them.

I think there is no one board that will handle everything. - unless you are an expert boarder.