I notice the Yuzawa IC Cam is showing heavy snowfall....I hope when we wake up its uber up there!!

Just moved 40cm off the top of my car TB and still snowing so hopefully I will be out there tonight moving more of it!

yes the snow should be great... It was yesterday even!

Must say though, I'm not that keen on Kandatsu. Can't quite put my finger on why. I think it's not just because they keep too much of it closed too much of the time.... Milky Way was still not open yesterday.

Got my shots from there, very unlikely to go back this season.

Yeah, its a bit on the small side, but I think its fine just for a day trip once in a while - I usually go there when there's been a big dump and it looks like it might be too windy at Kagura - Ive been to Kagura a few times when they've closed the top lifts through high winds and Id much rather be at Kandatsu. Also it was just 7000 yen vs 9400 for Kagura. I have to say though, I've never been there when they opened the milky way course - Im not sure why that they choose to close that one every time and Im pretty much certain it wont be open tomorrow.

Any recommendations for alternatives around Yuzawa when it's forecast for windy conditions?

Kandatsu seem to forever be on the brink of not opening, and change owners about once a year.

I can only guess they keep lifts,courses closed to save cash.

That quad on the far left hasn't been open for many years now. Not that it is actually needed as the central quad covers Milky Way.

They don't seem to do much grooming now either, which of course will be a plus for some.

No, not keen. View from the top are great though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yuki Baba! :wave:

How busy did it get when you were there?

I'm keen to hear, I have heard horror stories of the crowds at Kandatsu.

Very quiet now on most days it is, I reckon things might have changed quite dramatically.