An idiots guide to using my new Mac...

Hi Guys need some tech help. Have a new Apple Mac and have an iPhone 4. Having been an PC guy can some one please run me through step by simple step how to

a) Import my photos

B) Be able to find them so I can upload/email etc...

Im starting to lose my mind trying to sort this as on a PC its so easy to find any device in the directory and copy/paste...

Thanks

Pete

1) Unplug all the cable

2) Put everything in the box

3) Send it back to the makers

4) Go back and buy a pc. ;)

Or really, download iTunes, connect your iphone to the mac, and it should come up in finder (mac equivalent of the folders)

I think.

Let's face it though, most stuff is easy once you know how and get used to it.

Things just need a little bit of time invested in learning how to use them.

People give things about 5 seconds now and then give up or get frustrated.

It really isn't good, I think.

Not pointing at you pete, just a general comments.

Surely there are some simple online guides for this kind of stuff.

I think all you have to do is connect your iphone and then open iphoto. it'll automatically make the photos available for upload.

Another option is to set up the iCloud which automatically loads all your photos from your phone directly to your computer as soon as you take them. If you want to go that route you should go to the apple homepage and find the tutorials for setting it up.

Hey Pete,

I'm a Mac guy.

Just connect your iphone. Itunes should open automatically and you will have to sync up your phone to that computer and that one only.

After that as BM says iphoto will be available and iMovie for you HD videos.

Get on line...... learn the OS. You'll like it.

One of the things I don't like about my iPhone is having to go through iTunes for everything.

It takes a while to get used to the syncing process. What I do is create a special album in iPhoto and call it iPhone. Then I put all the photos that I want on my phone in there. That way I only have to sync one thing.

I do the same in iTunes.

One of the things I don't like about my iPhone is having to go through iTunes for everything.

It takes a while to get used to the syncing process. What I do is create a special album in iPhoto and call it iPhone. Then I put all the photos that I want on my phone in there. That way I only have to sync one thing.

I do the same in iTunes.

Just like the Thin Lizzy tune......Jailbreak.

Isn't winamp available for macs?

I used to use that and worked well.

Yes. It is. I've never used it though.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Guys need some tech help. Have a new Apple Mac and have an iPhone 4. Having been an PC guy can some one please run me through step by simple step how to

a) Import my photos

Im starting to lose my mind trying to sort this as on a PC its so easy to find any device in the directory and copy/paste...

Thanks

Pete

I know how to do these things.... it's really easy!

But I'm not going to tell you.

Find out yourself!

• Like 1

a) Import my photos

Thanks

Pete

I know how to do these things.... it's really easy!

But I'm not going to tell you.

Find out yourself!

At least give him a hint... ;)

Like if you have thrown away the manual then you have gone too far.