Certainly seems a worthwhile thing to try. Isn't that how Zao came to be?

I can imagine a few other places that that might make sense for.

For example, I can't help but think that by merely cutting a few new trails, Alts, Inawashiro Resort and Inawashiro could be linked up into a "Mt. Bandai" mega-resort that could be skied from one end to the other. Possibly add in Family Snow Park Bandai X2 for good measure, and, with the addition of one lift, Nekoma.

Interesingly, Macearth is the company that bought up Inawashiro (and are abolishing the distinction between the Minero and Chuo sides there), so perhaps they might try negotiating something with their neighbors to do something like this at some point?

Could probably link up Hunter Mountain and Edelweiss just by cutting trails, too.

Great minds think alike...but most owners of ski resorts in Japan have a typical village mentality.

Consider the long standing feuds in Myoko...skiers/snowboarders come down a run to a lift, then are turned away because they do not have the proper lift ticket for that area. That certainly does not build goodwill among the community, nor is the feud good for anyone involved.

I was skiing Niseko back in the days when it was UN-united. I recall skiing down the hill, and ending up at the wrong lift...had to walk back to the correct area or pay additional to ride up their lift.

Thank goodness it got unified, although each area still sells their own ticket which is only valid at that particular resort, you have to pay more for a full area ticket.

With all the IC gates, etc. it would be very easy to calculate actual revenue share...if they were so inclined. (Pun, get it?)

Going up Iiji-san today I was able to take a photo showing how close Iwappara and Centelsure Maiko are. On the left you have the bowl top part of Maiko. And on the right is the top of the Iwappara gondola.

gallery_6744_69_203089.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks SJ David - It looks interesting especially as they point out the powder snow :friend:

I notice an area called Yamabiko - I know of at leat 3 other Yamabiko's on other mountains - Does the word have any special significance?

Strange with that (non)link between the resorts.

What do you do ask them and they do what??

Can't say I'm that excited about this.

Each place is not spectacular on it's own. I can't see it being a huge rival to Shiga Kogen.

Looking at that, can't see it looks particularly amazing.

More like a hotchpotch of places stiched together at the last minute kind of thing.

Wonder if they intend to make a course to connect those two up?