Hi guys!

We are four norwegians going to Hakuba in january.

We are looking for steep slopes, the steeper the better, with lots of powder and lively apres-ski/nightlife.

Walking/shuttle distance to lifts is a plus.

So we were wondering which area is recommended?

Yours, Eirik :)

Hi Erik

In Hakuba all accommodation areas have a free shuttle bus service to all the ski areas. Echoland has the highest concentration of restaurants & bars, but as Muika said it is not within walking distance to any ski area.

I'm no Hakuba expert (or even a novice) but I believe if you really want to get into big mountain steeps you'll be wanting to head outside of the resort boundaries. I'd be looking at guiding companies if I were you to really experience the good stuff in the area. It's what I'd do if I were to ski there.

Echoland in hakuba would be the best place for the nightlife, but don't expect raucous pandemonium going down.

Steep hills? Looking at bc if you want continuous action, otherwise goryu has a couple of on piste up top, and happo-one has a few too.

Also for shuttles, best bet is to book a hotel close to Olympic road (is that right). Forgot where I stayed last season, yeah that memorable, but it was a trek from/to the bus stop, think it was outside a hotel called cherry something?